[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Austin Mini pick up build

Austin Mini pick up build

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Austin Mini pick up build

Postby VTECFOUR » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:53 pm

Got going on this Kinder resin Mini pick up. Another nicely molded and finished product from Bruce.

Has more of a rear drive look but it works for me.

Wheelbase is longer than the Reprotec Fiat Abarth's chassis which I usually build for my Minis and Bugeyes, so I pulled out the PCS adjustable wheelbase one.

Threw on the wheels from the Slot It Ferrari 312. Power's from a generic 23K green endbell motor with SCX Pro 9t pinion and 27t crown gears and guided by a Ninco keel.

Body work is next.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Austin Mini pick up build

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:17 pm

Oh, you beat me to it. You win the first post on these things! I didn't think about how tiny the 512's wheels were. They look great. I'm planning to use 962 wheels and inserts, but with fatter, taller tires to fill the fenders. Still going through the tire box. Are you planning an Autograss livery? I'm thinking about starting my own fantasy decals for this one. I found an appropriate printer, and I'm getting more confident I can do it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:10 pm

Of course you can do it Rob. It's easy. If you like I'll post up an article on how I go about livery design over the next few days.

Those little Mini Utes are fabulous looking little things. I'm definitely getting the small car bug of late.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Absolutely do post that. I'll look forward to it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:14 pm

do they actualy make those in trucks? sorry I`m not into those but that lil truck looks pretty neat...I LIKE!
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 pm

:lol: I`m already looking for some minis in 1/43 to see what I can come up with! :lol:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

If guys are putting 1/43 chassis under 1/32 Minis, what would you put under a 1/43 Mini, an HO chassis?

Have fun!
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:31 pm

:lol: Man I don`t know...yet,once I get one of those lil dudes in my hands I guess I`ll do some shoppin! :lol:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Got some Tamiya paint on, first with white Fine Surface Primer, then TS-26 Pure White on the roof and lastly TS-12 Orange for the main body.

Windows and interior tray are next.

The chassis has the Plastruct L-shaped outriggers screwed to the chassis for installation of the body. It runs quite well, but who knows with the body in place.

Getting there.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:59 pm

now I like that! :lol: already got Mick (TRANSAM) digging out a panel ta start with! :lol:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:26 pm

That is looking GREAT! I like the color combo.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:05 pm

I finally got to work on mine today. I bought the 1/43rd Ferrari to check the advice on the website where Bruce sells these little jewels, and sure enough, its a simple chassis extension like we have all done on Carrera NASCAR chassis, and with careful attention to the placement of the mounting screw positions, its quick and easy. I scrapped everything but the motor and pinion, and drilled out the axle holes for 3/32nds. I used a Slot.it crown, and the wheels and front tires from a Caterham. I may put the Caterham rear tires back on, it depends on how it runs when the body is all finished. This is an easy resin kit. For those who have held off on resin, this is your introduction to the fun.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby VTECFOUR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Modeling (front and rear window, driver tray, front headlights, paint detail) and body mounting done.

Pleased with the result.

Chassis tuning next.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Very Nice. I bet we're going to see lotsa of these. I've already decided to get at least 2 more. I am planning an IROC for my track for guests. Four of these guys tearing around a road course should be a hoot!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop