[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Aston Martin DBR1

Aston Martin DBR1

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Aston Martin DBR1

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:29 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Aston Martin DBR1

Postby cagee13 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:36 pm

That looks awesome. Love the red on that color green.

What color is the Green?
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:58 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:45 pm

You did a good job bringing it back.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:47 pm

I like it!, I think that "raced" look is so much more realistic looking to me. very nice build!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Love these old roadsters. That's a nice car, like how you did it.
How do you like the resin chassis?

A Chris Agee body, you say? Hmmmmmmm.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Looks good to me. If you really get mad at the headlight covers, I recommend the "feet" of a 1-liter soda bottle. Its a compound curve cone on every foot on which you will find just what you want for 1/32. The 3 liter is good for 1/24-1/25. I did covers for several DB-5s and E-Type Jaguars from Strombecker, much easier than I thought.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 am

I just keep coming back to this car! it looks so great.How did you get the seem lines to stand out so well?
I can never get that kind of realism on a build. studying this one gives me some hints as to why!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby whitworthnut » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:41 am

Sarge,

You've got 3 or 4 really nice shots there.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:56 am

Thanks folks.
Bob, the seam lines were something I tried for the first time on this; its a very fine tip (read used as a pen) Sharpie used after my first coat of Future and then wipe with my big, fat finger to tone it down, then a second coat of Future.
I studied the old, pics of the DBR1 and noted they never looked perfect, which is a boon to someone whose efforts come out less that perfect :mrgreen:

Thanks for the hint on the 1 liter bottle bottoms, Waytoo!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:29 am

They have those at all the art stores, too. I get mine from Blick Art Supply online and save a ton.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop