[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - This is why I scratch build

This is why I scratch build

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: This is why I scratch build

Postby btaylor » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:57 pm

That baby looks smooth! How do you like the narrower rear tires?, it looks better through the corners to me than our steamroller cars :lol:
Bob
Last edited by btaylor on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Very smooth operator once again Dave. Just good stuff. Thinking this is a good way to spend a Sunday.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Nice job Dave!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby dge467 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Good to see it back on the track! Looks and runs nice!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:56 pm

ShotgunDave,

My friend, yours is but one reason why people scratchbuild. There are many reasons, perhaps just not enough builders.

There are times when I've run into a problem getting a car around a particular track. I find that by putting together different amounts of flex and movement, I can come up with a car that will run the track properly. I remember one day during a retro race, the turn marshal came over to me and said that my car was the only one that did not come off in this one particular area of the track, but it was the fastest car through that area. I told him that I had thought about how the chassis had to work in that area and built one that I thought would handle it well. When it did as I hoped it would, I had this little smile on my face all day long.

The more you build, the more ideas you come up with on how to solve a particular problem. Hey, building chassis is nothing more than problem solving 101, just in brass & wire.

I am so glad to read something like this. It makes me smile.

Keep up the great work.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:01 pm

Looks nice and looks like it runs VERY smooth Dave!
Nice build! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Nice work and a great looking car.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Gameover » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Wow. Nice job dave!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby munter » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:24 am

munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:14 am

There is nothing like the feeling of something you built running around the track, and it works well. That's the neat thing about scratchbuilding, if doesn't work one way, you can always change it. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 am

Great...one more car that will lap me. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop