[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Triumph TR3

Triumph TR3

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Triumph TR3

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Last edited by TsgtRet on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Triumph TR3

Postby btaylor » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Looks pretty Darn good to me Dave!
I like the color scheme inside and out,and the wheels are perfect. Whats not to like?

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm

I don't see any problems. I have thought about the TR3 several times......love your take!

Nice car. I think you should show the chassis - we used to make styrene strip chassis and they were fun cars to race against each other.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:10 pm

I have a TR3 body, but its hugely out of scale. Very disappointing when I un-boxed it. I would guess its near 1/28th or so. TR3's actually shrink in my memory between sightings. I saw one a few years back in a parking lot, and thought for a second it was a model with a go-kart engine or something. A guy 6'-3" or so came out and slid into it with disgusting ease. As he roared off in that neat little car, I was wishing I had the TR and he had a feather- we'd both be tickled.

You did great. The perfect shade of BRG.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby cagee13 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:30 am

Very nice indeed. The BRG just seems to fit that body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:56 am

Nice job. That will race any day.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:51 am

Brings back some nice 1:1 memories. Nice looking TR! Always loved the car in BRG. Looks like, maybe, Brock Leshnar driving....................... :lol:
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:28 am

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Krylon does get things wrong sometimes. That can't be Hunter Green with no blue in it (or is it the camera?). Its a perfect BRG, though. I made a note of that for when the unsatisfactory BRG I have been using is all gone. When I was looking at a lot of paint colors for the Porsche RSR thing, I found 5 paints from 3 manufacturers that claimed to be the Porsche blau I was looking for. Some weren't even close, but Krylon had it perfect, with different name on it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Audi1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:03 pm

I am continually amazed at how many people on HRW had one or two MGA's. My wife and I had a yellow one when we were newlyweds, with all the usual stories, most of which can be summed up in one word, "Lucas". And the great fun it was summed up with "I want it back!".
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:47 pm

The green looks good. As far as being the 'perfect BRG', there isn't such a thing. BRG was just any green that was hanging around, but like BRM green was to begin with.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dge467 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Looks great! Nice slot car. I made one from a old Ideal Motorific.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Okay, officially we will call it:"Krylon, Hunter Green, Leftover Shutter Paint". When I painted our shutters this fall I sneezed that color for 2 days.
On the subject of MGs, when I had one of my Spitfires I used to hate it when some nice old lady would say "That's a cute MG, you have" :roll:
I do have to demotor it...I put in what I thought was an "unlabeled" NC1.....nope some kind of "rocket motor" :doh:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Outstanding looking TR3. Funny, as an almost-20 year old, I had one lined up to purchase. I went back to drive it for a second time just to be sure it was what I wanted, and it wouldn't start. Guy almost begged me to take it...I realized then it was not what I wanted for dependable transportation. Cool as heck, but for a starving college student, not a good set of wheels. Went with a 1970 Cutlass convertible that DID start everytime instead. I did like the TR3 though...better mileage too ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop