[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1968 Trans-Am Champion Adamowicz Porsche 911S build

1968 Trans-Am Champion Adamowicz Porsche 911S build

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Re: 1968 Trans-Am Champion Adamowicz Porsche 911S build

Postby studioRS » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 pm

I had to use my MRRC Porsche 910 chassis and Fuchs wheel set for these photos. As Audi1 says, this is going to ship to him to get the chassis sorted and all race ready, then off to Greece. I finished it up today, hand painting the silver window frames and black window seals was tedious work. Not perfect, but has that hand built patina :-) Please don't mind the silver Fuchs, they should be black for racing.

Are you ready to race? "I think so" :dance: I tried to hand paint Tony Adamowicz and Good Year on his driving suit…

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Thompson, That is an awesome car, man I love your attention to detail. I like everything about it.
It's just - well impressive.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Looks great! Awesome details!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby studioRS » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:13 pm

I get carried away with details... Only from owning several 911s i couldnt resist! Notice the little black screw on the rear taillight, towards the front. Also, on second thought I should have printed out a Good Year logo and Tony Adamowicz script for his drivers suit. Ill add these to the decal set. Im a nutter, especially with Porsche 911s. Oh well, looks good. I tend to forget that this is going to travel to Greece, Europe and get raced and not sit on a shelf for me to look at and wish I owned the real replica.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:55 am

Truly artistic work there, Thompson. Congratulations on building out a great looking, very authentic body for this car. ! I hope I can do the chassis justice when we combine the two and hit the track.

I'll post some of the chassis pics as I go along with this project.

April 20th is the ship-off date to send the car to Athens for the tech inspection and the first race in the Proxy.

Audi1
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:16 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 am

The T.Adamowicz 911 body, engine with megaphone and resin Fuchs inserts have been shipped to you today. Wishing the little 911 much success in the Greece proxy races!

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:33 pm

WOWEE!!! That is AWESOMENESS right there! Fantastic job! That exhaust, the decals - WOW!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby studioRS » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:14 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:12 am

Pretty impressive job. Well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Audi1 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Thompson,

The Adanowicz 911S arrived in the mail today. Totally intact; it looks better than it does in your pics.

I have it sitting on one of the chasses that I'm building out now; the one that contains the M/T SL-1 slimcan motor. It looks really good!

Thanks also for the Fuchs resin wheel inserts. I can handle the flat black painting of them and will try to get a silver hub to go with the CB Design 15x7 wheels.

I'll post some pics as I get further into the chassis end of this Proxy car build.

Thanks again for the great job that you did with the body/painting/exhaust/decals!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:40 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Chassis parts look great!

I should have put my thinking cap on sooner, but wouldn't it be nice if the 911 was transported to Greece in a box that looked like this? I'll print something out and send it to you.

Inspired by the Porsche transporter, I might have to make one out of wood for my official off-site race box. Hmmm.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Paint Booth