[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fun at work!

Fun at work!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Fun at work!

Postby btaylor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:25 am

How many of you guys get to have this much fun at work? I am building a project/ parade car for our city. We have an annual "Buzzard drop" party for new year's eve every year, and this will be a rolling advertisement for it. It is loosely patterned after the 60's era Batmobile, with a Buzzard motif. My own design and Fabrication, and on a very small budget.I started with a deadlined Crown vic police car, it has 24" wheels that were confiscated, it has red led lights in the homemade Turbine housing, and a crown vic radiator fan painted to look like fire. I have added 12" to the body sides, and a IROC Style bottom edge.The wings are fabricated to look like feathers somewhat, and will have front end resembling a dodge Daytona drop nose. Thought you all might get a kick out of it.
ImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Fun at work!

Postby Gameover » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:36 am

looks like fun!!!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:38 am

AND YOU CALL THAT WORK!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:54 am

Send the final to DOC or Dave for molding :)

Meanwhile at HRW...
Oh sure, not as cool as your job but there is an art to it. Ok, maybe not but I'm not bored. :)

Pretty cool sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:57 am

Very cool, Bob. Love the lines. OH! Make sure you save me the stock wheels and anything else usable for my Grand Marquis! :mrgreen: :lol: :D
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:25 am

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby btaylor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:29 am

Just finished the lights for the Turbine
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Gameover » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:35 am

bob what did the car start out as?
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby RazorJon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:54 am

cant wait to see how you mount the guide on this :lol:

great project Bob, that fan and lights is #1

will you have more pictures?

guess I will wait for the same bat time on the same bat channel
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:00 am

I will post some pictures as it progresses if that's OK, I really didn't think anyone would be that interested!
I told Harry, I moonlight as a super hero, but no way am I wearing my Underwear on the outside of my cloths like Batman and robin! That was just weird? who started that anyway?..................

Bobman
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby hoganracing » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:16 am

"Thought you all might get a kick out of it."

Bob,

Kick gotten. That is really neat. I'm glad you get to have that kind of fun at work!

I, for one, can hardly wait to see the progress.

Patrick
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby btaylor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:38 am

Ok, that's Funny! LMAO Dave!
And you KNOW my phone will die, or does it? maybe I just get a call from the commissioner, and have to leave quickly!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:48 am

WOW! Now that looks like a LOT of fun! Very cool pics Bob! Thanks for sharing!
Look forward to future updates!
:text-coolphotos:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:12 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge