[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A little life reflection...

A little life reflection...

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

A little life reflection...

Postby Broman62 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Hey all,

I have been mulling over this for quite awhile whether or not to post this but I finally said to myself...why not...this great site and the great people here always make ya feel better!!! I haven't posted for quite awhile but I do stop by just about everyday to see what is happenin' and I haven't commented very much like I use to(I guess its a funk I have been in) and slottin' will be on the back burner for me for some time!!

Anyway...I recently went thru my 2nd life changing' event here when my Track Manager and I got a Dissolution(in Ohio here that is a mutual and amicable divorce...with no lawyers involved, we sit down and come up with an agreement on everything involved and then proceeded to court)! We terminated our marriage on May 4th and we actually had gotten her an apartment on April 4th so we were not livin' together for the last month of our marriage!! It was actually the best for both of us and we still remain good friends and I still have to( :lol: ) see her once a week cause she stops by to see her kids(our 2 pups which I kept) but she kept her cat(good ridens...I'm not a cat lovin' person)!! But I will have to say that after this 2nd time around...I came out of it much healthier, wealthier(believe it or not) and wiser!!!

It started back in Oct. and hovered over us during the winter and spring but we couldn't proceed until some family issues(her side) were taken care of!! But it didn't stop me from continuin' slot car stuff...over the fall and winter I think I threaded that T&S Raceway's were comin' down due to possible basement issues and I took down my 3 lane oval(that was a crusher) and I also took up all my HO track and my Artin 1/43 track on my 8' by 13' L-shaped table!! I then decided to build a 3 lane routed track on my table (which I never posted pics of) to accommodate my 1/43 cars up to my newer AMT 1/25's! I also started stockin' up on 1/32 Carrera cars(which I have 24 now and 6 more on order thru my local hardware store man and I figured if money was gonna be an issue thru the proceedins' at least I'd have some cars that I wanted(love the 1/32 Carrera's and the 1/25 AMT's) before anything went down!! Anyway...after awhile I was not happy with the layout and for some strange reason with the addition of a new AC unit last year and a much colder basement this spring and summer, the copper tape is comin' up everywhere now and it is unraceable :mad: and has me furious!!!! I'm not fixin' it now cause I have bigger and better plans down the road!!

Now on top of that...with all this freakin' rain we have gotten thru the month of June, the basement issue has gotten worse(no serious floodin' or damage to anything like that) but it needs addressed now and with all the extra room I have now in my family room I have removed alot of what is settin' down there and taken up to the family room!! Everything hangin' on the walls...display cases, pics, timing computer and whatever else has come down!! On Wed. I have a gentleman from a very reputable company comin' in to look things over and give me an estimate!! My ex.-ex. mother-in-law had them do work for her and was very pleased with them along with a neighbor of hers whom was very happy with their work!!

Soooooooooo...until all this is taken care of and the bill is paid and the basement is back to good, slottin' will be on hold for awhile!! Also, new windows and flooring thru out the house need addressed before I proceed with slottin'(it will suuuuuuuck)!! Buuuut once it is all done and all good agin'...plans are for a nice big 3 lane oval in the basement and a roadcourse type up in the family room...got lots of empty space now that will need filled!!

Like I said...I may not post or comment like I used to BUT...I have been on this site for years and I enjoy this site and enjoy readin' and lookin' at all the good things goin' on around here...keep them comin' cause this is my happy haven when I need it!!!!!

Thanks for readin',
Tom

PS---If at all possible, please remember Mr. Wise puts this awesome site together with his own funding...help out with a donation to keep it goin'!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: A little life reflection...

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Well I appreciate your posts and presence on old HRW a great deal. Sorry to hear about your tough times, but I hope things continue in the right direction for you.

Thanks for the donation, it means a lot and greatly appreciated.

Hang in there Tom.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Hopefully the worst is behind and you can start looking forward to things steadily improving!
Hang in there sir! :handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Hang in there! It sounds like everyone is going through something right now. I'm just glad to have this hobby and these friends!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Sorry to see that life decided to take a bite out of you Tom. Hope you don't stay away too long.

Best of Luck
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 pm

My first wife and I did a dissolution in 97 (lived in Dayton); not perfect, but as you said, still friends. The bumps are a little easier to take when the contention is kept to a minimum. As far as slotting goes, you mentioned some Artin track and a family room.....it has a floor doesn't it? Where did we all start racing? And don't be a stranger!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:56 pm

I understand some of what you are going through even though I am 10,000km away. Life can have its ups and downs.
I used to say my house was a project, my car was a project, my slotcars were a project..... and my personal life was a project.

Now days I am more settled after two marriages/divorces. I have been lucky to meet and settle down with a lovely Canadian lady.

After rain comes shine.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chris » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:25 am

Sorry to hear what you are going through. Once you get those repairs knocked over you can think about the important stuff like a new layout!
Hope everything gets better.
Chris.
chris
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:17 am

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge