[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - To My HRW Peer Group...

To My HRW Peer Group...

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

To My HRW Peer Group...

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:47 am

:character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:
I have everything I wanted as a teenager,
just 50 years later;
I don't have to go to school or work.
I get an allowance.
I have my own pad.
I don't have a curfew.
I have a drivers license and a car. :auto-swerve:
The people I hang around with aren't afraid of getting pregnant,
don't use drugs and some play with toy cars, like me.
And I don't have acne!

:happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: To My HRW Peer Group...

Postby Gameover » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:49 am

Lol. To funny!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:15 am

I agree with that, Sarge.

Now if it only didn't come with a lot of the extra baggage that we all have, it would be great. I refer to extra pounds around the middle, not enough hair where it should be and too much where it shouldn't, smaller bladders, muscles and lungs, dry skin, aching joints and bones, hearing aids and trifocals, too many pills to take, yada, yada, etc.

However it is still great to be a seenager, eh?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:30 am

Life is great!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby gascarnut » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:42 am

Great post!

Some of us are still dreaming of the "no work" part of that list!

But, "it's never too late to have a happy childhood"
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Yes sir. I don't mind the rusted parts I have...it was fun getting them that way :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Yes indeed, and as the old saying goes " If I had of known I was going to be around at this age ,, I would have taken better care of myself " lol

Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Agreed Chappy, although I am still in the working bracket. Got a few more years till work freedom. I however have been doing well playing the big kid part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Living with rusted parts beats the alternative. My only complaint is that my sweetie has a couple of more years before she can retire. But she is a teacher so at least she gets SUMMERS OFF! :banana-dance: And we all know how fast a couple 'a years go by at this stage in life, don't we?
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:31 pm

When people ask me about playing with little cars I tell them I'm neither the oldest nor the youngest in my group :mrgreen:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 pm

And what is really great is the time we now live in with all of our toys. When I first started in the early sixties with an Eldon set, I had difficulty in finding cars to run on my track so I started building my own. Then to think about the patience required back then. In the little town in Northwest Indiana, I was real lucky to get my hands on a Model Car Magazine. Then to go through that magazine cover to cover several times and then stopping off in the back section to dream about ordering parts for my slot cars but not really knowing what I was ordering for there were no pictures about what you were ordering. Then I would put an order together, take my order and envelope uptown to the Post Office, get a Money Order, and then send off my order and wait two weeks for the order to be received from Michigan. Then I got my car put together and running and went over to my Buddies house to race his Eldon car. He then complained about an unfair race since my little orange 16D motor took all of the voltage that the Eldon transformer could produce. But it was fun and I will never forget those times and hopefully soon I can feel confident enough to retire from work too so that I can spend more time with these cars .
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Geeze.......I really can't relate to that at all............... :laughing-rolling:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:07 pm

I read this to my wife. Keep in mind we have been together for over 45 years exclusively, 43 of which we were married. She smiled, pointed at me, and said, "Yep. He has your number."

I can't quite figure it out, but somewhere in there, I'm insulted. I think. Maybe.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby strangebrew » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:09 am

I have a doctor's appointment in half an hour !!!!!!!!
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:58 pm

:lol: :lol: Good one Sarge ,can relate to all of it! :lol: :lol:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge