[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Planets in alignment or what?

Planets in alignment or what?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Planets in alignment or what?

Postby btaylor » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:44 am

Had a strange occurrence last night happen in the shop/ slot track emporium. I went out late evening to kill the power and shut down the PC's for the evening. As always, I got sidetracked (pun intended) and sat down on a stool to make a few laps on the big oval with one of my Big motor Modified's, before calling it quits for the night.
A few minutes had passed, ok 15-20, and all of a sudden I here this voice behind me say " put me one on there, and I will race with you"
I turned to see my wife, who had casually walked out to enjoy an unseasonably cool evening in Georgia. Now this may not be odd to some of you. but my wife, although always supportive, and willing to look at, or listen about my little toy cars, really has no interest at all in them.
So, after picking out a car that I new would be easy enough for her to drive, I started up the Computer, and on go, we made a quick five minute timed race. After some spills and thrills, we started another race with the Indy cars sitting on the track. Long story short, we spent about an hour together racing all sorts of cars, and laughing at the wrecks and nerfing going on between our cars.
I cant say this will happen again any time soon, but it happened last night! and I had a great time sharing my little slot world with my best friend. Given the smiles and laughter, I would say she enjoyed it too.
So if ever any of you thought that the better half has no interest whatsoever in our Hobby, remember that if nothing else, they have an interest in us, and sometimes that's enough to share a fun few minutes of our hobby.
Does this mean I will happily go clothes shopping at a women's store, probably not, but the planets are not always in alignment either.

Bob
Last edited by btaylor on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Planets in alignment or what?

Postby Gameover » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:14 am

Way cool bob! My wife asked to build one of my 56 f100's. Heck yea!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby dw5555 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:23 am

Nice Bob, it's always nice went the better half joins in. Mine used to race when we had other couples over but now she enjoys marshalling duties better. Too much pressure I think. Just having her down there is great.
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:51 am

Your wife already had a "Gold Star" in my book after our visit....guess this has to add another one! You are a lucky guy.
BTW you could always suggest taking her shopping......nah, then you'd have to call 911 after she passed out from the shock! :scared-eek:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:56 am

Well Sarge, I do take her to the Antique malls! of course, I am always looking for old slot cars, and track scenery items.
I guess that doesn't really count though does it? :oops:

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Gameover » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:21 am

oh it counts!!! just be careful she doesnt find a newer model there......

:laughing-rolling:
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby gascarnut » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:54 am

Building my track:

038 filling holes.jpg

Trying it out once it was all done:

115 Adie at play.jpg

And I have the further advantage that she is an artist who actually likes painting cars:

Adie 002.jpg
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:56 am

I say build her a car, something she has always wanted, her dream car :music-rockout:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Great story Bob. Always good hearing this.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:40 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Bob, I think Jon is on to something here. Has she ever seen a car on TV and made a comment? Or is she like my wife and always points out classic British cars on BBC mysteries because she's heard me point them out so many times? I would be hard pressed to build an Alvis from scratch!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HRWJim » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Cool story, I can count on one hand the number of times my wife has ran a car. LOl She has done a few things for the room, like panting it though. Like you said they do care about us. Thanks for sharing. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Yup, definitely planets aligned! Good story.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:41 am

Where is the JEALOUS button? The wife appreciates my work and tolerates the 8 year old in me, but she isn't really interested in running. I think I'll build her a car and see if I can bribe her.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:28 am

I am still waiting for that phenomenon in my area!
dge467
The King of Foil

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge