[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Anyone else an old "Emergency!" rewatcher?

Anyone else an old "Emergency!" rewatcher?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Anyone else an old "Emergency!" rewatcher?

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:36 pm

I used to watch it when it was new and then in syndication over the years. Now I'm watching on Netflix, not so much for the stories (I know what's going to happen) but now I find I watch the traffic and parking lots for all the neat old rides.....including some truly collectables they crunched for the show (like a Datsun Fairlady/1600/2000 smashed under a tanker :scared-eek: ). Some really amazing cars in the background and John's Land Rover or Roy's 356 roadster. I'm 3 episodes into the 3rd season and loving it!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Anyone else an old "Emergency!" rewatcher?

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:59 pm

I've watched a large number of these and am also watching Adam-12. I'm up to Season 4. I usually more listen than watch while working on slot cars. I love the old shows and you are correct - the car watching is fantastic!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby sixtiesracer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Ditto for Dragnet.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:44 pm

If you can find it, get a re-look at Banacek for the cars (and the women).

I saw One-Adam-12 a few years ago and was embarrassed that I watched it so much years ago. I thought that was so great! On the other hand, The Monkees, MacMillan and Wife, Batman, Green Hornet, etc. Geez what a nerd I was.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:56 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:04 pm

I forgot about Columbo. That old Peugeot alone is fun enough. My boys were very impressed that I knew what that car was when they were little.

Peter Falk bought that car and drove it for years.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:40 am

Just watched the episode where the station received its new Ward LaFrance pumper. (My favorite will still be the old Crown Fire Coach). Very cool narrative about bringing the new TV Engine 51 from New York to LA here: http://www.emergencyfans.com/things/eng ... viewed.htm
This is the same episode where they buy the old Dennis fire truck, neat episode all around.

A little historical note: after Emergency went off the air the Ward LaFrance went to Yosemite and was the park fire truck for years....it is now in the LA County Fire Museum along with Squad 51.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:59 pm

I was watching Streets of SF and there was a Cuda convertible in the background (not part of the show). So yes, pretty much every show is interesting for the background shots. With many of these shows you can see the people staring at the cameras. Always fun to see that.

I bought the Columbo complete series on DVD since it's the kind of show that lends itself to owning it, at least for me.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:03 pm

Related since I brought up Adam-12: Martin Milner just passed away this week.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby cantstopnow » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Me and My Wife Doni love Columbo. We watched every episode in order on u-tube. I thought that old car oh his was cool.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:43 pm

Life as well as TV was better in the 1960's.

Just my opinion of course.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge