TGIF - Family & Slot Cars

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF - Family & Slot Cars

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:51 am

Another week in the books. All is quiet after our big event, but projects are on the bench and work getting done.

Heading up to see our little ones this Saturday. Our daughter is hosting a Childrens Miracle Network event at her Subway. HRW is a co-sponsor so we will be there to assist and enjoy the fun with the wee ones.

Then...quick trip over to the local hobby shop. Mark Twain is a good store and fully stocked from my last recon report. I am pretty sure there has to be a few items I cannot live without.

And hopefully back to the work bench to finish 1/25 projects and assist my son on his new 1/32 resin body.

Losing another close to us is never easy. Tsgt's passing isn't easy on a lot of us. The only thing we can do is go on and play with some slot cars. That is the best way to honor a guy like that.

Hope you all have a great weekend and find some time with family or friends.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Family & Slot Cars

Postby RazorJon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:08 am

Have a good time Harry, I will be working Saturday thinking of you at the hobby shop.

Everyone have a safe one
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Broman62 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Have a great family outing Harry and be very careful in your travels!!!!

I think I have everything done now that I wanted to get done for the summer and just waiting till the leaves fly now...actually ventured down into the slotcave yesterday to look things over and straightened a few things up leftover from summer projects( non-slot) and am getting a slight slot fever back!!

My daughter is coming in this weekend so it will be great to see her and spend time with her....family is so important!!!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Well i will be planting trees and throwing down grass at Canfield Green on Saturday.
Then seeing my folks on Sunday for our usual Sunday visit and dinner.
Things are coming along nicely at the Green , have some good proxies headed this way . Almost have all the shelves and work space done too. I can see an exciting slot season ahead. Lake on the Mountain will be coming down and replaced with a 16 foot x 5 foot Carrera 4 lane oval at some point in the winter. Likely wont put timing on it , as most of us like to wait to catch up with the pack anyway . Have a safe one everybody .
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby FootScoot » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Enjoy your weekend Harry. Here's hoping you find all kinds of goodies at the hobby shop.

I'm working on a Carrera McLaren M20 that's been languishing in a bag for a few years. It needs a few items to complete it but I'll have to wait until later in the month. No biggie it will take me that long to get it painted.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby bigman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Harry :text-goodpost:
You'd better leave the credit cards at home while your at the hobby shop. :o
Your Daughter's hart is in the right place just like her Dad. :text-bravo:
Have fun and don't eat all the profits. :angry-tappingfoot:

bigman :text-thankyouyellow: :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge