My Whereabouts...

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: My Whereabouts...

Postby dreinecke » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks gents! I figure some windshield time is ok with the right tunes or thinking about slot cars.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby FootScoot » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 am

Congrats on the new job! Nothing worse than being disregarded when you really know what you're doing. That was one of the reasons I retired in 2003. I was at a job I loved for 29 years until the "world changer" came there. Him and I just didn't see eye to eye. I told him if he kept on doing what he was doing all of the experienced he had would be gone, and the company would end up with a department full of dummies. Lo and behold 10 years later the company is now going out of business. I'm glad I left when I did. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Padirt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:20 am

David, Congrats on the new job! That's the cool thing about Jeeps you can abuse them and they just keep running. I wish I could pull that kind of mileage in the TJ. How do you like the BDS shocks? I need some new ones this spring and I can't talk myself into putting on the Bilsteins due to the cost. I also need to get the bar pin eliminators because I broke a shock bolt off when I put the lie in a few years back.
Padirt

Postby dreinecke » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Well, one more day...

PA! Good to see you! The BDS shocks work well. I wanted the Bilsteins, but they were out and WOW are they pricey!!! I don't have the bar-pin eliminators and the bolts all came out nice but one on the front. I LOVE being in a dry state...have I said that?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby LibertyFLHTC » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 pm

It's good to hear the work situation has found a cure for the better! Good luck on the new job and hope it is all as presented - you deserve it! :handgestures-thumbup:
LibertyFLHTC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Congrats on the new job!!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby dreinecke » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Whew! Done! Next!

Managed to get out the door safely and quietly today. Said my goodbyes to those I will miss and have a happy hour with some friends this evening.

Thankfully, there was no drama and this chapter has come to a close.

Monday off, play with some little cars, and Tuesday starts the next phase of my career.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby 2fast4u14 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm

i really hate the charlotte,n.c. deal did not happen.congrats.now get back to the dungeon and make us some more cars!!!!!!!!!!
2fast4u14

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge