Got in some "seat time" Monday

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Got in some "seat time" Monday

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 pm

We had 5" of snow where I live on Monday, so I got some time with my "collector vehicle" (1945 Ford 2N with front end loader). Had to clear around the barn and the driveway so I could get my car out Tuesday. While I enjoy playing with my tractor, the novelty of doing it in low 20s/high teens is wearing off. In other words I would prefer to use it to clear manure from the paddock or bush hog the place to moving the white stuff. Rant over :shifty:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Got in some "seat time" Monday

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Tractors are fun though. I want one....have no need but I want one :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Yeah they are Harry :banana-rock: ; we have 2: the "big 'un" (Ford) and the "little 'un" (Kubota G1800 garden tractor). We use the 'bota for yard mowing, hauling the manure cart from the barn and general light duty hauling around the place. The Ford is fun because Henry kept it simple so it's fun to work on (basically a Model A engine) and I can still walk into Tractor Supply and buy anything I need for it (try that with your 68 year old collector car) and the Kubota is fun because with that 16hp, 3 cyl oil burner it thinks it's a big tractor; lot's of grunt and it will run all Summer on 10 gallons of fuel.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Yep. Used it today to regrade the drives. I also have a beautiful 1950 Farmall Super A that I love.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge