[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Race car eye candy

Race car eye candy

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Race car eye candy

Postby slothead » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:07 am

I love slot cars because I love racing and race cars. While I don't think it's possible to say any particular car or type of car is the BEST, we all have favorites. This is one of mine.

I think this Can-Am Porsche-Audi 917/10, in this livery, is one of the most beautiful race cars of all time.

What do you want to share?
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Re: Race car eye candy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:42 am

Like asking which of my kids I love most :lol:

But here is just one...

I did not grow up near a road course. My roots are dirt track oval racing. Nothing screams race car like an old 55 Chevy.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Getting back to my dirt track roots
Never seen a prettier coupe............
Don Klein's 427 Ford powered '38
Coming in second................
Eddie Petroff's Small block Chevy powered Plymouth Arrow.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Well now we are modified :) There is only the best :)

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby tjettom » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Beautiful,....thanks for posting the dirt car pics guys... the 55 and the coupe are simply the best! Harry...what type of front suspension is used on the Vega with the leaf springs? I didn't see a straight axle...Is there A frames? Just a cleanly built car but had me guessing on the frt.end.. Another look...is it torsion bar of some type?
thanks
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Wow, you guys didn't waste any time going directly to the deep end of the pool. I was trying to be sophisticated. My racing roots come from local dirt track soil too. The first car I rooted for was Buzzie Reutimann's 00 at Orange County Fair Speedway (OCFS) in the early '70's.
Buzzie was a crowd favorite because 1) everyone said he was a good guy, 2) he was a successful driver, and 3) he was the last one driving a coupe after modifieds had switched over to Gremlin and Pinto bodies. The 00 stood out and was also frequently up front when the checkered flag flew.

In that same period Buzzie's main competition at OCFS was Billy Osmun in a Grant King Gremlin. I rooted against this car as a Buzzie fan, but always appreciated it as a work of art. If a team could afford the best in those days, they bought a Grant King modified.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:28 pm

chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rbianchi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:07 pm

rbianchi

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:36 am

Thanks sir, that answers the question. I just found the photo while back, no idea where it came from.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby tjettom » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Hello Bob...so I assume there's a straight axle I'm not seeing? Thanks for the reply Mr.Taylor....
Tom
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Chassis on the #28 coupe & #441 Vega are 2 x 4 steel with straight axles.
The #2 Arrow is 2 x 3 steel & I think, tubular A-frame.
They are all built in home shops & garages....Nothing from manufacturers in those days.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge