[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RC midget

RC midget

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

RC midget

Postby padirtfan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:04 pm

padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: RC midget

Postby Lou E » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:53 pm

That is super cool, what scale is it?
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:04 pm

It's 1/18 scale. Looks very realistic. Comes complete and ready to run for about $200.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:21 pm

That is a 1RC model I believe, very nice kit.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:25 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Wow, that’s pretty neat.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:09 pm

I have one of these also, and since I now work at a sand and gravel processing company, I have built an outdoor track with a product similar to clay (called fines-stuff that gets washed out from the wash plant). Have yet to give it a real go, but they are indeed a lot of fun... :D
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby btaylor » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:51 am

I think I need two of these. I'm betting I can stir up the wife a little building a small dirt track around one of her gardens! Those are really nice looking cars, and not a bad price for the quality that I can see.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Josh S » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:40 am

These cars seem to be a lot of fun. I have been considering getting one and racing them for a little while now. There is a track about twenty minutes from my house that has racing every Friday night for these midgets.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby busterfla » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Got a midget and sprint car for my Christmas gift to myself. Tonight is the opening night for the hobby shop's season. Totally clueless about driving it on carpet. In my garage the polished concrete was very slick. They're a lot of fun
busterfla

Postby Broman62 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:06 pm

That’s slicker than snot and looks like a great time is being had in the garage :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:28 pm

Very cool..Seems to control well also..Cool deal on these,you can race in your one stall garage.A few $1 foam noodles and you have a track...
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:40 pm

These folks are having fun...Look for the velvet Elvis.....
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Having a lot of fun with it so far. I'm running it on my slick basement concrete floor and it's very tunable so I'm able to get it to bite off of the right rear pretty easily. I'm hoping for a local track. I've been on vacation until Monday and I planning on doing a wrap on our Roland printer for it in a VW motorsports theme. The reason I got out of RC dirt oval initially in 2002 was because the closest track was a 2 hour drive and I got tired of it after 4 years of Sunday driving.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:33 pm

I race 1/10 scale dirt oval with those guys from time to time... they are even better to hang out with in person! Watching that video was a hoot
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge