[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Shop in York Maine

Slot Car Shop in York Maine

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Slot Car Shop in York Maine

Postby KRSPete » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:29 am

I was at the Amherst/Springfield train show and wasn't expecting to see slot cars so this booth stopped me dead in my tracks. "Model Train & Slot Car Shop" Michael Shipp 891 US Rt.1 York, ME 03909, 207-363-4830 and he is on facebook. He had large collection of early mid 70's HO cars some Ninco classics, Fly cars etc. He was super nice to talk to and I wish I had taken a photo of his display as I can't remember half the cool stuff he had.
There seems to be a really good group of North-East guys here and any new shop opening is rare these days.
Pete
KRSPete

Re: Slot Car Shop in York Maine

Postby BIG E » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Cool!
Maybe I'll visit while I'm at the Car Model EXPO in Taunton, MA on 3/17, or when I'm at the Classic Plastic model car show in Lawrence, MA early October.
So I add a few hours onto my day's journey... what the hell? I'll of course call ahead first... more slot car stuff is good, right?
Thanks for the heads up, Google has some good photos posted. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Shucks, I missed that at the train show,
Was pretty much bound to where we had our engines set up..
This summer when I hit Maine I'll have to check it out.
Thanks, good to hear!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:47 am

slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby KRSPete » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:12 am

Here in Marlborough we have "the Spare Time Shop" on route 20. They have some HO slots & track , tons of model cars & military, and also supplies of every kind.
I remember as a kid in the 60's my Dad would take me to Modelville ,when they were still on Waverly street in Framingham. I could just see over the edge of the track, they seemed so massive. Today they seem just as big but in a different way.
KRSPete

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge