[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Camera

New Camera

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

New Camera

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: New Camera

Postby moparjenny » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Very nice, Harry! I have a Canon SX30IS, I think it is. Very good camera.
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby RazorJon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm

new is good
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Ember » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Your selection gets the thumbs up from me Harry. Will probably be outshooting my ol' DSLR in no time. Looking forward to seeing the experiments.

Still a Canon fan after all these years.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:32 pm

WOW! That is a nice camera!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Only as good as the operator..haha

It will take plenty of practice for sure, but hopefully it will work out.

By the way....with the newer model, the SX50 coming out, this one was marked down a good amount. In fact I got it for a little over what I paid for the last one.

With cell phone/smart phones and such, cameras are one of those items that are changing to stay afloat. You can get a really good outfit for literally hundreds less than a few years ago.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 pm

I like Canon and Nikon. Name brands seem to be the only way to trust anything these days, and half the time that isn't all that strong. I have a Canon S1Xsomething or other, and an even older Nikon that has amazing optics, but is a bit clumsy to operate. I was a mess with the 35mm SLR, too. I keep hoping there will come a day when the computerized digital hoohah reaches its peak, just before the next big thing arrives, and I'll pounce on it, then keep it forever. What's the chances of that? Keep us up to date on that new camera, it may be the one I'm waiting for!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FootScoot » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 am

I got a new one too! Must be camera buying time. I got a Nikon Coolpix L120. Kinda looks like a point and shoot and DSLR. It'll probably do more than I'll ever use. It replaces my Coolpix 4300 which I have had for years. The new one is 5 times faster at being ready to use, and probably does 10 times as much at less than half the price. Yep, the cell phone cameras have really taken a chunk out of regular camera sales, just like digital did with film. :) Now to read the instruction encyclopedia. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 am

Nice insta-matic, Harry!

Looking for a camera, too. Jenny took her Canon with her, darn it! No more reviews for a while. lol
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby moparjenny » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:04 am

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby GENERAL MY WAY » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

Well Kurt, looks like you have been informed on what to buy, I would go get it :)
GENERAL MY WAY

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 am

LOL, yes it is. I researched that one and almost picked it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby GENERAL MY WAY » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 pm

Mr. Wise,

It seems my Home Racing World account has been hacked! :shock:

Sorry Kurt that was not me bossing you around it was ????.
GENERAL MY WAY

Postby moparjenny » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge