[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Now we are SMOKIN'!

Now we are SMOKIN'!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Now we are SMOKIN'!

Postby Ember » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Not sure that's not ever stranger. You Murricans eat some weird food. :P ;)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Well, here is our family this year. It was nice to have Tom make it for dinner and all of our kids and grandkids made it one of the best ever.

Several animals WERE harmed in the making of this event.

No one starved :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:50 pm

You guys shouldn't make me laugh that hard when I'm this full. I could explode all over the county and they would come to arrest all of you. Not for murder, for unauthorized decoration of public lands! Ember, I'll send you my recipe for dressing (my grandmother's) by PM, and you'll see what it is. Did you see in Harry's picture and mine that we eat a lot of deviled eggs here at Thanksgiving? Our friends in Melbourne think that's "quaint". I have no idea why. Its just that in this part of the world, nobody is far from raising chickens and eggs, I guess, and that's one of the ways we eat them.

Harry that's a nice looking group. Lots of happily fed folks. Those little girls make me melt into a puddle every time you put up a picture of them. Hey, is that a fold-down ironing board on the wall by the phone? We had one of those in our kitchen when I was a kid. I used to play with my cars (big surprise), on it. One of my favorite things about that house.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Hehe, yep, it's an old fold down. The General naturally kept it. The old Pepsi phone behind Tom's head is one he found at an old shop. 1982. The General is a Pepsi enthusiast to say the least.

Yes, those little ones rule the roost. They want..."Mamaw & Papaw" get. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:59 pm

My wife spotted that phone about the same time I saw the place where the knob goes on the ironing board latch. Hey, do you think she would like to have a new one? I think I have one of those somewhere in the mysterious hardware drawer.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Well I don't know...I'll ask her. Thanks!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby GENERAL MY WAY » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Rob that would be great if you wanna part with it. I just wish the inside was there but it is still very cool looking. Needless to say my kitchen is unique.

And yes those kiddos rule this place. And yes they are spoiled!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
GENERAL MY WAY

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:26 am

I'm still full :)

I can hardly race with Tom, but will do my best.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Johnny, the term used to refer to foods that had been chopped up and seasoned red hot a hundred years ago or more. These days, its just something that has been chopped very fine then served with spices mixed in, as in deviled crab, deviled ham, and deviled chicken, but deviled eggs never were traditionally seasoned hot, like the others. They are all less highly seasoned these days.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:26 pm

My oldest son Chris surprised us today!

Had to make one of his home favorites. Spaghetti! Seasoned sausage, ground beef, onions, green peppers, minced garlic and then slow rolled in the crock :)

Great having him home and he sure likes it when we cook :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Cindy-
Sure enough, the Mysterious Hardware Drawer had two of them, circa 1940 or so, made by Elgin. Too bad it doesn't have a price stamped on it. That would be a hoot. One is in a box addressed to you.

The Mysterious Hardware Drawer is actually a double filing cabinet of drawers filled with boxes of collected hardware I have come across in the last 40 years or so, with additions from my father-in-law, my grandfather, my wife's uncles, and a few people who knew I saved such stuff and gave things to me. I think the oldest stuff in there will be from around 1900, The newest is my wife's curtain junk from this house.

Johnny-
I just hard boil the eggs and slice them open end to end. I pop out the yolks and mash them up as much as possible, add some mayo to make a paste, salt, and Louisiana style pepper- that is, white for spice, black for heat, and red for burn. I put the paste in a ziplock bag, all crammed down into the corner, then cut the corner off and pipe the paste into the half-eggs. For variety, I can add chopped olives, or sweet pickle relish (not my favorite, but kids like it), or chopped bacon, or jalapenos, or chopped artichoke hearts with bacon and jalapenos (really good). I had some in Louisiana when I was a boy that had cream cheese and baby shrimp in the paste. Odd, but really good.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge