[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The RMS Skunk Works & Palmer Divide Raceway are RELOCATING!

The RMS Skunk Works & Palmer Divide Raceway are RELOCATING!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: The RMS Skunk Works & Palmer Divide Raceway are RELOCATI

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 08, 2014 6:21 am

I moved the PDR parts from the garage to the basement and can now do this!

Still a complete wreck, but useable now. The PDR on the other hand...

...that should just snap together -right?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 am

Geez, David, is that house fresh-built or what? It looks like the driveway was just poured yesterday!

Another thing... how are you going to grill salad?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 08, 2014 10:56 am

Rob - house was built in 2005 and the driveway does look great. I was shocked actually. A lot of people make the mistake of putting de-icer down and that chews up concrete like nobody's business.

I don't like grilled salad - it makes my lettuce wilt. Now, grilled veggies - that's something else entirely!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 08, 2014 10:59 am

Dave - not for much longer! I'm organizing the garage and building a workbench this weekend, the RMS shop gets put together next week, and the fetching Mrs. Reinecke leaves to visit her mother for two weeks at the end of the month. My goal is to have tables up, the track cleaned, un-taped, painted, and put back together with the exception of the new routed portion. Then I can finish that, tape, wire, etc. I hope to have it up and running in early July. It would be sooner, but we are going to visit 2nd LT. Reinecke and stop by this crazy little place out of the Twilight Zone known as HRW HQ...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu May 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Doc,

Glad to see / hear that things are coming together for y'all! That's really super news.

A couple of questions though:

When will you be accepting orders once again for bodies?

How many slotburgers can you cook at one time on that new grill?
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Marty, working on everything this next week, hope to be casting the middle of the month!

I haven't measured, but I could probably get at least 8 of Harry's Sally-burgers on it ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Wed May 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Garage is now livable and I spent more than 2 seconds in the new RMS Shop tonight. I need to build a work desk to sit at and it will almost be ready to rock. Oh, and I need to run the air line from the compressor in the garage to the shop.

But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it isn't Bibbster driving the train at me at full speed!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Found your desk.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed May 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Harry,

While I would love that desk, I do believe Doc is more of a Jeep kinda guy.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 pm

I'll take that desk happily!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Sun May 18, 2014 8:35 am

Shop has air and I start unboxing supplies tonight. We will be operational this week! Can't wait to drip resin onto the new shop floor...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 18, 2014 9:17 am

Hardest thing about having that desk is wondering where the rest of that DeSoto went!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby super2nr » Sun May 18, 2014 2:27 pm

David??? Castle Rock...Really???...that's 30 mins tops from here!!! Great news and I'm glad for your family you were able to do this. Maybe now you can attend a few more club/proxy races. I see the track is in all sections and ready for some SCC Copper braid. You know Dickie likes to travel right? Could we offer up/bribe some smoked meats and fixins?. Wheres the Chevelle? :banana-gotpics:
super2nr

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Don't forget the Dum-Dums!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Sun May 18, 2014 8:08 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge