[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What will happen to your slot car stuff?

What will happen to your slot car stuff?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: What will happen to your slot car stuff?

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:43 am

I'm starting to realize what a big commitment this stuff is. Sure, it has value, but if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, somebody is going to have to deal with it -- probably Jenny. If she did 10 eBay auctions a week (a pain in the butt), it would take nearly two years to sell off all of my cars. She could make a lot of money doing this, but what a pain in the neck! Then again, she could buy a vintage 'Cuda when she's done...

Well, better not tell her -- she might buy a bus and take bus driving lessons!
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby mfogg » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:43 am

Last edited by mfogg on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfogg

Postby bkrownd » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:56 pm

I'm not too worried about what happens to little plastic cars. There are auction companies that take care of liquidating such things, and the slot cars have to be the 2nd easiest thing I own to sell off (after tools).

The stuff that I'll really have a sniffle about are the things I created from imagination (on paper and in computer files) over decades, which won't mean anything to other people. :/
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ddyke » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:28 pm

There are instructions in my will about where and to whom to give it.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:21 pm

I'm taking it with me. Who knows what's on the other side?
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:14 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby frank9129 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:06 pm

I feel lucky that my track manager is also a racer.
Theresa, goes to every race with me. She assembles the track. Sets up the decorations. Manages the kids so no one gets in front of the little ones.
I'm sure that when the time comes she will find a worthy person or group and set them up.
I believe that when you forget how to play, you get old.
When you get old, you die.
I refuse to get old, so I'll be playing with toy cars for a long, long, time.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:11 pm

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey Mas, ask your wife what she would do if she inherited a thousand Hummel figurines. These things sell in the 25-50 dollar range all day, like slot cars, and that means 25 to 50 thousand dollars. Would she just dump them in a garage sale?

Maybe we can work out something with Bruce. When we leave this earth, he can have our slot car collections, and he covers our burial expenses. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Ember » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Kurt, I think if she did not understand their value she probably would.

Even if the nearest and dearest comprehend the potential value in a collection there is still a lot to do to divest themselves of an unwanted collection and realise the value potential.

Perhaps it is worthwhile keeping a list of dealers that would be interested in treating the collection as a whole. Or make arrangements for someone to preside over auctioning it so you can still enjoy it.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:02 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby ddyke » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Instructions are left for Pzooc to divide the stuff up.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Fogg - can I borrow the boat when you're done with it? That's going out in style!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:00 am

Kurt may be onto something! :cry:
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:21 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

PreviousNext

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge