[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - To every action

To every action

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

To every action

Postby OL Mike » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:16 am

OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: To every action

Postby whitworthnut » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:04 am

Mike

There are many who face life's challenging times by crumpling in a heap of self despair and disappearing from public view. You have chosen to let your spirit shine and bring joy to others through your whimsical works. We all thank you for this.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi Ol Mike, you've hit the nail on the head about this place, its full of people who care and share , not just the hobby but our lives in general. Some of us tell our stories, and some like me hide them away. It takes more guts to acknowledge our challenges than hide them away and pretend they dont exist. Maybe one day I'll have the fortitude or guts to open up. But one thing I do know is this no matter how far down I've been, I refuse to give up, because I'm a fighter. What I will say is that when I started my career as a very young policemen I was full of hope with aspirations to help people and was healthy enough to do it. Im not very young anymore but I'm still full of hope, I still aspire to help people, but the years just werent that kind to me. So without going into it all, I come here and read peoples posts and try to add where I can , and feel part of a community.
I'm not judged, and like you enjoy talking with my circle, of friends.
So Yes Ol Mike you have hit the nail, right on the head. I guess we just have to keep that little spark going that gives us the fight to get us through the tough ones.
By the way, Great to meet you and look forward to reading more.
All the best
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby 2FER SLOTS » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:08 am

We love you just the way you are Ol Mike....you're definitely one of a kind, a good kind :clap:
Keep on keepin' on.

Nice garage pic. :handgestures-thumbup:
2FER SLOTS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:06 pm

great to have you around, Mike!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:53 pm

I can only say "bravo Mike." I can only imagine how difficult a step it must've been to join a forum like this where the only form of communication is the written word.

A scary step well taken and a new family found. May each day get a little bit easier.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Glad to have you here Mike.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dr fabio » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:01 am

Ahh Law #3. Sometimes being a "big name know it all" impedes the progress of science. Newton got the theory of light all wrong and Huygen got it right. Trouble was that no one believed Huygen's notion of light being a "wave". So Newtons small little particles concept held sway for 100 years even though it couldnt explain certain things that light was able to do. Ok ok back to slot cars.

You a dead beat....Nah....dead beat is my first year students.... :lol:

cheers
dr fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge