[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Lawnmowers are fast

Lawnmowers are fast

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Lawnmowers are fast

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Lawnmowers are fast

Postby RazorJon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:31 am

thats just crazy, when do we start building it? :music-rockout:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 am

How'd you like that clutch!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby 4424ever » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:28 am

So what happens when it kicks a rod out, do you jump it or bail to the side :mrgreen:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:02 pm

File that under " I didn't have anything to do today so I built a dragster out of my rototiller".
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Well it certainly is unique to say the least.

I do believe that was not English on the PA system, so I have to assume it was NOT an NHRA sanctioned facility.

For some reason I do not think that NHRA would allow that to participate in one of their events. I'm sure the Tech inspectors might find an issue or 12.

Regardless, I think it's so cool.

There are some groups that race lawn mowers here in Florida. That too looks like a whole lotta fun. Mostly "stock" riders of a given factory horsepower. They like to slide them around on the dirt quite a bit. Like I said, it looks like lots of FUN.

However if we're going to start this up, let me know. Mine will be the Gravely with the Big Block on it. Yep that's a whole lot of clutch. Might have to go with a multi-disc unit.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby DAVE » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Right. Current NHRA rules suck. When I was in drag racing it was run-what-you-brung. I saw Allison aircraft
engines in lightweight rail frames. Multiple engine set-ups. V-8 bikes. A t-bucket roadster with the engine
in the bucket and the driver up front where the engine used to be. No brackets, you won by being faster
than everyone else, not by trying to match your previous time.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 am

While that "contraption" in the video is cool, I'd hate to think what would happen if something went wrong. The guy is only wearing a helmet (a skateboarding helmet no less), so there's not much protecting him. To be going that fast and fall off, I'm thinking there'll be more flesh on the track than on him when he's done... :?
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby reek455 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:12 am

Last edited by reek455 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:38 pm

There is some serious lawnmower racing out there. I wish I had known about it before
I gave away my Dad's Murray after he died.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge