[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A little scare !

A little scare !

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

A little scare !

Postby sixtiesracer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Thursday afternoon I was brought to Concord Hospital for extreme shortness of breath, dizzy and disoriented,etc .... After a series of tests , x-rays, and a C.A.T.scan.It was decided that all I had was congestive heart failure.I was given a 40 milligram dose of a medication that makes you pee.When the medicine kicked in I was reaching for my urinal every 5 minutes. And this continued all night long . Today 8-22-2014 I was discharged.During that 24 Hr. span I discharged Three ( 3 liters of fluid) But I'm home a little worse for wear,but ,healthy none the less. :clap: :clap: :clap:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Re: A little scare !

Postby slothead » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:31 pm

That remind me of the littlest piggy, you know, the one that went wee, wee, wee, all the way home.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Gee Cliff, did the excitement of racing again at SCC get the best of you? :D

You gotta stop scaring us like this.... :o
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Cliff - buddy! Take care of yourself!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Ya gotta love Lasix. I suppose I average around 4 liters a day, and I've been on it for years. When I have to skip a day to make appointments that can't wait, I don't take it for one day and boy does it catch up the next day! I hate to think how long I would live if I didn't have it. Not long at all.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:35 am

Yeah I'm on Furosemide and carry Hydrochlorothiazide as a back up if I start retaining too much fluid. I think I average 2-3 liters a day :roll: As stated this is a wake up call, Cliff.....do NOT wait for the 600 pound gorilla to come sit on your chest....by that time it's something major! There are few enough of us aged methane gas dispensers as it is.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:49 am

take care bud, glad you are getting better
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Lotus56 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:47 am

Sixtiesracer, hope you get better but I don't understand this, They say you have congestive heart failure, they make you pee and send you home. Every time that happened to me I either got another stent or two or in the case the last time (2 weeks ago) I ended up with Quad bypass.
Anyway hope your feeling better, I have been there so I know how it feels............David
Lotus56

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:58 am

Lasix is something that will make you go, go, go for almost all day long.

One of my worst days was taking a double dose of Lasix due to swelling in my legs and shortly thereafter starting on my "Cleanse Day" in prep for a Colonoscopy.

Cliff - please use this as a signal that something in your life must change. You know what that thing is. Just do it as we are all old farts and they are not making any new replacements.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby sixtiesracer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 am

My Wife has nicknamed me Liberce'........ Because, I'm the Peeinist!!! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby Gentleman Norb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:41 am

Glad to see you are doing better!
Take Care
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby Flytoo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:22 am

From here on out, please listen and do, what your doctors tell you to. I'm guessing that diet, may have been one of the doctor's talking points for you? If so, my father-in-law gave me the best advice ever, on that subject. He told me, "if you start to eat something, and it tastes good, spit it out because it's killing you".
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 am

Hey Cliff, glad to hear everything is ok. It was great to see you last Sunday. I hope to see you a lot more this winter. The racing should be great. My track is almost done. Don't forget you need to come over for some oval racing!

- Josh
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:05 pm

Oval track racing :drool: :drool: I wouldn't miss that for anything !!! :auto-layrubber:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby sixtiesracer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:57 am

sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge