[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - oh No, now she went to far!!

oh No, now she went to far!!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

oh No, now she went to far!!

Postby ccobra » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Can you believe it, the wife took my hair spray and used it on her hair. You would think that she would realize that is for my 3d printer. Hair spray does wonders when you spray the plate with it, the parts stick better for a better printed part. What's next I must ask, my finger nail polish?
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: oh No, now she went to far!!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Mine took one of my Emery board away...to use on her nails.

It's anarchy at every turn.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:38 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Its okay, guys- I got them all back for you. All those magnets I have removed from slot cars for over a decade were stacking up, and I talked my wife into making Christmas gifts now that we retired. Sneakily, I led her to websites with girly cutesy crap, epoxied the magnets to them, and poof! little packs of refrigerator magnets (that I hate on my fridge), were mailed off all over the world. More slot cars for me!!!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Hhahahahaha.... Every time I need the hairspray I find it in the bathroom. I don't use the stuff for anything other than scenery. I kind of enjoy the irony of it. But other things get a little more annoying. Especially when I spend ages looking for my pinion press or hex driver only to discover it on his worktable in the garage. I've taken to buying a second set of all of the tools, but it makes life a little expensive.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:28 pm

At last. A guy who takes his slot car wife's tools. I never thought that one would reverse itself. Good for you, Lynne. Or "good on ya", whatever is appropriate.

Of course, I assume you are getting a much better replacement when you get a second set. That is the plan.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:42 pm

You bet, Rob! Geographically misplaced Ninco press was replaces with a Slot.it. The generic hex keys turned into Wera ones. :)

Female I am. Silly I am not. ;)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Gameover » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:55 pm

I stole my wife's hot glue gun when I first started in this hobby 10 months ago. She laughs at me cause I'm using a hot pink glue gun. I tell her it glues the same as any other color so I don't need to waste money on a new one. We can share :).
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Czar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 am

I just counted the Q=tips on the bench and I think a few a missing! Thanks for the reminder to be vigilant. I know this sort of happens with other people, I just never thought this would happen to me.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:06 am

My story is a little different. With passing of my wife last March I inherited a few nifty items, eye brow tweezers, great for decal placement, very soft blush brush, great for dusting off cars with no damage to delicate parts, all the Q-Tips I could possibly want, plenty of emery boards too, great for quick removal of plastic from chassis edges, and rounding tire edges after truing them. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:49 am

Gameover, you can still paint the glue gun and add some racing stripes... maybe some flames, etc.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ddyke » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 am

MIne always takes my 91% denatured alsohol. I cut myself so often I just dump it on all new and old wounds. I had to buy multiple bottles before she would leave me one.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:10 pm

:whistle:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Kemtronracer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:04 pm

My neighbor gave me his Elvis Lamp - his new bride made him get rid of it. My wife made me put it in the basement where my track and workshop are located. That's OK, she still hasn't found my stash of emery boards, clear nail polish and tweezers :lol:
Kemtronracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Abarth Mike » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:58 pm

I solved the Emery Board problem by making my own from magnum sticks.

Bit of double sided tape and some Emery cloth. The only contentious issue is who buys them and not throwing away the sticks.

She doesn't know I have hairspray for loose tires but I do get the occasional request for a Q-tip but then I pilfer cotton balls so. Sod it where's my hammer?
Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge