[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Has Marcos jumped the Gun ??

Has Marcos jumped the Gun ??

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Has Marcos jumped the Gun ??

Postby Reslotted » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:44 pm

With the news that Marcos Ambrose is headed back down under to race for Penske/DJR in V8 Supercars, I'm just wondering if maybe he pulled the pin on Nascar too early.
Although he's done ok on the road courses since day one in the US. He seems to now be getting his head around the ovals. That run at Talladega just recently was awesome, well and truly in the top 5 before the yellow came out towards the end and basically smashed him back down the order, but still recovered for 8th after a strong run.

Apparently he's now doing a wildcard entry at the final supercar round for 2014 as a prelude to 2015. I know that Penske coming in is a big deal but I just get the feeling that when he gets back here, he's going to have a bit of a shock. The whole series has taken huge leaps forward since he left, I think he's going to have his backside handed to him on a plate by some of these quick kids that have arrived on the scene in recent years.

That would be a shame because love him or loathe him he was a great champion 10 years ago, I'd hate to seem him end his career running around at the back of the grid in a series he dominated once. Look at the guy who beat him the in last year before he headed to the US, Russell Ingall, it sucks to see him at the back.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Has Marcos jumped the Gun ??

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:58 am

Personally I think Ambrose is a bit homesick and just wants to return to his home. I do believe there is pressure from his family to do just that.

While I am a Richard Petty fan, let's be honest here, he is, at best a second tier team. The fact that Amirola and Ambrose have done so well is testament to their abilities behind the wheel of a car.

Roger Penske will take care of Ambrose when he joins Team Penske. I'm sure that when DTM's come to Austin next year, Ambrose will be one of the stars. He will be in great equipment and be one of the top teams in DTM racing.

I see the move as a good one for him.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Ember » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Only time will tell, I suppose.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby masmojo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:12 pm

MAybe he wanted to go back to driving on the wrong side of the car or driving a real car again ;-)
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:33 pm

What's everyone's thought now that Ford announced dropping the V8 Supercar series effective 1 January 2016?
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:05 am

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:14 am

Ford has done it before.

"or driving a real car again"

Yep, because this is how they come off the showroom.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Well Marcos at one had Little Debbie as a sponsor.Remember the koala bear?While we never had a chance to meet the man,a friend in the company did.Said he was a great guy to talk to and real down to earth.I wish him the very best!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:10 pm

I really hope he does well on his return.
I watched him before he came to Nascar and then in Nascar, and yes admit I am a Marcos fan.
I think he is one of the most well rounded drivers in the world.
Wish him nothing but success, and as he stated he was only in America for a short period with ful intention of returning home.
I just hope that Torque TV will show the Aus Super V8s when the TV station goes live in March 2015.

Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge