[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scale

Scale

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Scale

Postby frank9129 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:22 am

Okay. How do YOU take a track drawing and enlarge it to scale? :pray:
I want to do the Upper Marlboro Rack Track I got to drive on (once) back in '63. All I have is a drawing and I want to replicate it to 1:43 and 1:32 scale.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scale

Postby Guildman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:35 am

Print the drawing you have and draw a pattern of squares all over it which equate to one foot sections on the final space/base. Then simply transfer the conjunctions between small drawing and square lines to real foot lines on the full size space.

Martin
Guildman

Postby frank9129 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:12 pm

[img][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/frank9129/MarlboroRaceTrack_zpsdea14ff8.jpg[/img][/img]I did mean the Marlboro Race Track which closed in the late 60's.
I was allowed to drive the road course once. I was allowed to drive a Lotus after working for the owner at the track. I must have got up to 25 MPH, I was terrified of wrecking the car, I was told what would happen if I did.
I want to route a track of the lay out for 1:32 and 1:43 cars. Maybe I can reclaim some of you youth. The track doesn't have to be scale, Just big enough for the car.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/ ... a14ff8.jpg
Last edited by frank9129 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:47 pm

After sharpening all my pencils and lining up my rulers I was ready to grid out the Marlboro Race Track.
Yea! After several attempts I found that few if any of the grids were of the same side.
Idea, Copy graph paper and print. Then, print the track on the graph paper.
Fantastic, now I can work out the proper layout. It won't be scale, but it will be what the track is. I may even lay out the oval in the center.
Thanks for the help guys.[album][/album]
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby first25q » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:55 pm

first25q

Postby frank9129 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Ed,
I don't know the exact size of Marlboro Race Track. I just wanted to get the basic shape on a 4x8' sheet of MDF. It was a great road course in it's day with an oval in the infield.
You would have loved to see the Midgets and dirt cars run.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Lumber Yard