[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - where to get a gain router bit / for 1/4 inch braid

where to get a gain router bit / for 1/4 inch braid

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

where to get a gain router bit / for 1/4 inch braid

Postby rick42 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am

Does anyone know where I can get a gain router bit for the 1/4 inch braid. Im finally going to start my first routed track after a year of thinking about it. Started getting the supplies for it and Slot car corner does not have the bit in stock that cuts the slot for the 1/4 inch braid. Any idea who sells them ?
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: where to get a gain router bit / for 1/4 inch braid

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:37 am

Did you call SCC? They might have some coming in or a used one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby rick42 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:44 am

Yes I called them earlier today. Im sure they will be calling shortly.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:47 am

I already loaned mine out or you could have had it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby rick42 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:36 pm

They called from SCC and they will have them in stock in about 2 weeks. They put my name on one of them. Ive waited a year to start the track , so 2 more weeks wont kill me. And there are other things to do before I will need the braid bit anyway. I actually started to do this about a year ago , and talked myself out of it. Just went with a plastic track. I have been reading on the building asspects of it for a while now , and it doesnt seem so complicated now as it did a year ago. So , Im going to atttempt it. I will go get my MDF board this weekend , and try to come up with a layout.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:24 pm

Great news. Yes, it is rather intimidating at first, but if a old redneck like me can do it, anyone can.

It's why you see more and more home racers laying down the lumber. We have all the tools, references, and part sources now. More than ever before.

Good luck and will follow progress.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby rick42 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:42 pm

rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Yes, go wood.
You design your own layout and "organic" curves are somehow pleasing, plus power and smoothness, etc....
In any event, don't forget a couple rules:
1) it's just a piece of wood, you can get another if there is a problem

2) it's a slot car track, it doesn't have to be fine furniture (although there are some beautiful tracks out there)

3) what you think is a horrible router bobble may not even be noticeable to the cars. Plus they can all be fixed.

Go for it!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 am

It might not be a bad idea to get a sheet of MDF and route a simple two lane track on that.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 am

Last edited by Pappy on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Rick, there's some pictures on this site that might give you some idea's on how to construct your track. A lot of them were lost when Photobucket started charging to store pictures.

http://slotblog.net/topic/31554-butchs-track/

You can see the finished product here:

http://slotblog.net/topic/43053-finklem ... race-park/
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Got a call from Slot Car Corner today. They found one of the braid bits I was needing. So I got it ordered along with the braid , slot bit , and a few other items I need to get started. Picked up the MDF boards today along with some colored pencils. And plenty of erasers of course. Now "LET THE FUN BEGIN". Thanks SCC , you made my day. :clap:
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:29 pm

Another one bites the "dust".... :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Pappy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the one thing you do when building a slot car track out of wood, you eat a lot of dust.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:45 pm

At my age it's good fiber :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard