[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - MID BC - new track build

MID BC - new track build

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: MID BC - new track build

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm

That is a great looking track, Rob! You're going to have many hours of fun racing on that one.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 pm

great looking indeed. now pack it all up and send it down to the 1st Vancouver :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:34 pm

That looks fantastic Rob! Can’t wait to come visit you guys again to see this in real life.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:42 pm

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:53 pm

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Alwyn....my wife says I need to host the Tourist Trophy now.........what's going on! First she lets me build a track in the house now host the Tourist Trophy???!!! WOW!

Rob[/quote]

I assume she is tired of all the crying since you lost the first Trophy to those guys from Vancouver, maybe she feels that racing on your own track, gives you a better chance at a win!... :lol: and then you will move on... :banana-dance:

You already know from my multiple text messages that the track is stunning, from bottom to the top, a work of art! Love the slightly banked corner.... :roll:

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:06 pm

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:59 am

THIS is a true craftsman job. I've been watching this forum for a while and am simply AMAZED.
Thanks for updating !
Bob in Buffalo !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 pm

That is something, like the lightweight structure, and the running room!
Following along on the build, looking great!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ken weir » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Rob the track looks awesome. I'm sure it's going to be even faster than you envisioned. Can't wait until i'm back from mexico in March to run some laps.
ken weir

Postby docdoom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:14 pm

mmm three hour drive to Seattle. 2 hours to get through Seattle . another 2 to the boarder. one hour waiting to cross the boarder. 2 more to find the track. looks like I be just watching from afar......
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:48 pm

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:14 am

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 am

Looking Great. Another reason to visit Kelowna again. Looking forward to see it finished.

Best regards :banana-dance:

Radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:27 am

Some more progress this past week.

Bondo on all the screw holes and joints. Dries fast and hard...stinks a little though! Sands very easy and creates a smooth finish.

F1Fan just used the ol Ketchup bottle from the dollar store trick to paint his slots so I thought why not! Cheap brush set from the Dollar Store too. Radarek called it 50 minute laps when he saw the picture. Haha!

I was on a roll getting ideas from F1Fan so I used his same Flat Latex paint from Home Depot "Magnetic Grey".....no its not magnetic (just the name!) but maybe it will in my mind help me out!
I went with three coats and sanded very lightly after every coat....the roadway really feels smooth.

For my Race Coordinator Software I built a new USB interface with a Arduino Uno and Solid state Relay for the Track Call. My original USB interface went with my old track to the new owner. I have built several of these now for fellow racers here. The Arduino Uno's and relays are fairly inexpensive if you look around on the internet. The cases I use are slot car boxes which are never in short supply!

I have always used a light bridge for my lap timing and want to move away from that. Paul H "DoubleNaught" from Edmonton sent me three IR sensors for the slot he had after we had a discussion about Race Coordinator inputs and sensors. Testing the sensors on my workbench and trying different scenarios I have now decided I'm going to go with two IR sensors per lane.... reason being since we have started racing with Fuel in our races here. Sensor 1 is Lap count / Pit Begin and Sensor 2 is Pit End. Roll anywhere and stop between Pit Begin and Pit End refueling will occur. These sensors are only $1.69 from China with cheap shipping so I ordered several more to go with Paul's sensors he sent me.

Testing the sensors on my workbench with a ribbon cable to easily connect and disconnect

The three sensors I have. Now to wait for the extra sensors from China!
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard