[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Its here! (more pictures added)

Its here! (more pictures added)

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Its here! (more pictures added)

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:31 am

Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Its here!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 am

Outstanding. This will be fun to follow.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Its here!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:18 am

Now that's a track!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Its here! (additional picture added)

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 pm

I'd sure welcome the help. At least the project can be built on top of my current track with damaging it. The footprints are nearly the same. Easily handled. After I have built a blocked frame structure to separate the tracks (which doesn't do anything but rest on my old track), I'll just lay out 4X8 sheets over the frame and assemble this track on that surface. There are elevation changes and small banking on this track, so going a block of elevated track at a time will come first, then the table level parts will be mated to it. Lots of scenery to do, and the new footprint of the track will make for some great storage underneath. Now if the rest of the stuff in my shop can find a place to go...
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Good plan. I'll be the preacher/saloon owner. A man should stick with doing what he knows.

I never thought about it before, but Lee actually looks a bit like the French/Italian border guard that pushed me around back in '73. I'm trying to imagine Lee with a cheesy little moustache and a machine gun on his hip. I never could have outrun him. I was in a rented Citroen 2CV. I could walk faster.

Harry is the Mayor, Cindy is the "power behind the throne", Rick is our hermit that lives in the woods, El Seraglio can be the school teacher, Dan will operate the college, you are the artist in residence (we need billboards), and Jenny will run the brothel-- I mean social club. This could go on for days by the time we get a job for everyone.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby moparjenny » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:21 pm

I expect this to be completed by Thanksgiving, sir. :) I'll reward you with a pumpkin cheesecake, and not the regular pie-sized kind. I'm talking the big baked-in-a-springform-pan kind.
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Guess I'll run the American Legion or the VFW :flags-usa: :flags-waveusa: :violence-guntoting:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 pm

One of the tiny little towns I lived in as a boy, the big event of the summer was the picnic and dance at the VFW Hall. We fearless 6th graders would sneak through the woods on the other side to peek at the drinking and dancing with loose women that went on after dark at the dance. They were probably just loud people who drank too much, because nothing exciting ever happened. But for us guerilla boys, it was spying on secret sin with sweaty, out-of-town women in spaghetti strap dresses. Hot stuff!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:13 pm

If all of us lived in the same town, the bar on divorce rate may reach a new height!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:10 pm

I'll run the store that supplies all the cars and parts... :mrgreen:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 am

I've been doing some homework on this project, and I discovered that Lowes and Home Depot no longer have 1/2 inch MDF, except in little pieces. Not only that, but the place that does have it here is over $40 a sheet. When did that happen? Has this been creeping up on us, or was there some event that drove the price up to this ridiculous level? I'm considering making the deck out of OSB or something. Its not like any part of it will show. I just need a flat surface to screw the track parts down to, and to set elevation blocks on.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 am

Yep. The old track and the table holding it up are all staying in place. The old track is completely flat, so all I had to do is cut the tall scenery off for clearance. Surprisingly simple to do without a lot of fuss. They were all made of styrofoam blocks, glued together and carved to look like mountains. Just slipped a machete back and forth slowly like a saw, and sliced right through.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:39 am

I wanted to pass it along to someone else, but there was no time to make big changes like that. Besides, I hate to think how much stuff my wife has stored under there.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard