[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Beginning.The Oak's Raceway Update! 1/25/15

New Beginning.The Oak's Raceway Update! 1/25/15

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

New Beginning.The Oak's Raceway Update! 1/25/15

Postby scatman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Well, the building has started. First, thanks Blake for helping. The table 16x8 with casters. Below, is my child Opti boat.

The track I'm building will be a copy of Art's track from Dart Hobbies. Thanks Art for giving me the green light. There will be some changes, but not many. If you want to see the track, and the build, go to
http://www.darthobbies.com/ and click on the track.

Here's a photo.

Tomorrow, some racing with Blake, and some planning before we start building on Thurs. :music-rockout:
Last edited by scatman on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New Beginning

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Nice work Tony, looks like a great start.

I am sure you are happy to get a track back in action.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Always good to see another track getting started. That is going to be a nice track!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:48 am

looks like a good start Tony :music-rockout:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby scatman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:44 am

scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New Beginning. Starts Today 11/5/13

Postby scatman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:16 pm

The track decision has been made. I'm going with Martin's layout. (See above link) I spent the weekend going over ideas, and kept going back to Martin's track. Here' the first photo for the record.

Tomorrow, should have most of the track routed. :banana-dance:

Sure glad Blake "Regalman" is helping. Not sure my back can handle the task.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New Beginning. Update Routing begins

Postby scatman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Today took a little longer then I thought, but better to be slow and steady. Well, until it's late in the day and I' m hungry. Blake, I took care of my little mistake.

Here's two photos of the corkscrew. I used Luf's tips on bending Mdf.

Here's some photos.

Hopefully weather will hold up for tomorrow. If not, maybe some racing at Blake's. :-)
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New Beginning. Update! Routing begins

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Looking very good. Nice job.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Really nice! And you know I cannot resist the corkscrew!!! I wish mine had turned out. That is going to be one heck of a big track!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby scatman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Another day of routing. Only negative, my lexan from Luf cracked. Here are some photos from todays work.

scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:15 pm

I sure like what I'm seeing.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:23 am

Me too, me too! that is coming along nicely. That should be a very fun track!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:59 am

Great looking track and table, I should get off the computer and do something similar. However, I was thinking the slots and the flexing kerfs were cut on opposite sides. It looks like yours are on the same side. Someone "straighten" me out here (a little wood butcher pun).
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Looking good so far. Ill be keeping an eye out on this track. Looks like it will be a fun track.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby regalman82 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:52 pm

buspor63 ,Not speaking for Tony but we did cut on opposite side of the cork-screw . What you see on the top side are just guide lines to match on the flip side. Track is coming along nicely. Looking forward to runnin some laps sometime next week. :banana-dance:

Blake
regalman82

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard