[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tuscarora Speedway 1

Tuscarora Speedway 1

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Tuscarora Speedway 1

Postby PAscoutdog » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:40 am

Hey Folks, Its been about 3 yrs. since I been out of the loop. I moved from s. jersey to my hometown of Carlisle PA. and I recently started my 4th track, Tuscarora Speedway. I live about 6 miles from Williams Grove so this track is going to have the same footprint. Long straights, tight corners with about 7 degrees of banking. heres some quick pics of my tracks in s. jersey.

The front stretch (w/ electricals) and back stretch from my home track in jersey were the only things that survived the move to PA. So I have a little head start on this one. The track will be 36' by 12' (3/8 mile to scale) and I don't have enough room to build a true half miler! I think it will be big enough.

My old track had 3/16 braid and i'm doing this one w/ 1/4. I am definitely redoing the front strectch with 1/4 but I was wondering if I needed to rebraid the original 3/16 on the back stretch? Any suggestions or imput will be appreciated. Thanks for looking and a big thanks to Harry for helping me figure this picture posting stuff out.
Last edited by PAscoutdog on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
PAscoutdog

Re: Tuscarora Speedway 1

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:38 am

Recognised your glorious speedway oval .

All these tracks look fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing the latest one finished.

David.

ps: Envy your shed!
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:00 pm

Nice! Are you going to run Super Sportsman on Saturday nights?
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Welcome to HRW! Hmm, wood slot tracks, beer cans and DH bikes, pretty cool place to hang out!
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PAscoutdog » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 pm

PAscoutdog

Postby padirtfan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:14 pm

padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:15 pm

This is going to be EPIC! 36 feet? Holy cow...

Since you moved...how long did it take to pack up all of the cans you'd collected?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Wow! Both those tracks are awesome!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:28 am

some fine looking wood here now :music-rockout:

welcome back, you found the best spot to post :text-bravo:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby bill from nh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Another reason for rebraiding the back stretch. Not all braids are the same thickness. The 3/16" & 1/4" braid might be of different thicknesses, possibly causing deslotting problems.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby indybob007 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:57 am

Really like the first Blue Track. It just has a great flow feeling to it. 2 nice straights plus interesting turns. Beautiful look and finish. I also like 2 drivers stations at each in of layout. Be easy to marshall. Any updates on these tracks. Thanks
indybob007
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ratfink03 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Scoutdog
Another beauty !!! Gonna be great !!!!
ratfink03

Postby slotpup » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:16 am

Updates with pics please. :banana-gotpics:
slotpup

Return to The Lumber Yard