[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Caution: Construction ahead

Caution: Construction ahead

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Caution: Construction ahead

Postby turbokev » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 am

Even with a battery, he understand braking points :)

I'm ordering the wiring kit from SCC this week.. soon he'll have a PM controller in his hands,
then he can start practicing his skills in earnest ~

I got some retaining walls painted yesterday and installed one last night..
That was after getting the 1 x 6 trim around the table installed and painted..

Little bit at a time but it's starting to take shape~

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:59 am

Thanks, I like this part of the build where you pick away at various little projects..

More retaining walls in..

The backstretch :

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Your new track really came out nice Kevin - nice work!

:text-bravo:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby turbokev » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks.. it's getting there.. Wiring order coming shortly..

Today I got the rest of the retaining walls painted and in place.. and a bit more grass down.
I also had my printer flip my background image on the far left side and run another 42" so that back width is covered now..

If I could stop driving cars around with a battery I'd get more done LOL !

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Good lookin track you built...nice clean looking lines....I'd like to have a dust free area to set one up..
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:47 pm

That is turning out GREAT!!!!!
Love the updates! :D
I think I would have the same issue as you are having - spending too much time driving on it verses working on it!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Beautiful !!!
I am building my own track for 1/32---on a 5'4' x 10 foot frame using 1/2' MDF.
Using the router bit that was suggested to me...but it seems like a lot of effort using the router.
I have made several mistake and will need to get "Bondo" to fix them.
The cut from the router doesn't seem as clean as I'd hope it would be.
Do I just sand ?
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby The Old Jaybird » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 pm

You need good sharp tungsten carbide router bits, cheaper "high speed" steel bits won't do. Rather than Bondo, try Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty, easy to use, easy to sand, easy to paint, non-toxic and cheap.

TOJ
The Old Jaybird

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:51 pm

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:41 pm

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:47 am

My 10 foot straights came out perfect. I ran the router against a 2 x 4. The turns are not coming out as well as I had hoped. The router pulls to the left and is causing problems.

Thanks !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 am

The router will naturally pull to the left, that is the side the "fence" (flex strip, or 2x4) should be on when you push the router forawd.....Are you using a flexible strip to form the curves?
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 am

Just to elaborate for a first timer..

If the router is pulling to the left, you want to cut your slot from left to right so it will pull in to the fence or strip you are using..
If you try to go right to left, it will tend to wander away from the fence or strip..

Router spins clockwise.. run it left to right with the fence away from you..

Last edited by turbokev on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 am

Not too much to update on my track..

Been collecting the parts needed for drivers stations..
They will have the typical 3 post hookups, as well as the XLR connection..
Each station will have a track direction switch and a track call button.

I got the 3 lane wiring kit from SCC this week too..

The only thing I really did was paint the start finish line.. and I screwed that up LOL..
I wanted the typical black and white checked, and I thought I'd be clever and use a paint
mask to make sure it was precise.. Unfortunately the thin orange vinyl mask has a
very strong adhesive and now that it's in place, I can't remove it without pulling up the white paint..

Oh well.. everyone will certainly know where the start / finish line is :roll:

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard