[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Circuit Courville - a new track in Québec

Circuit Courville - a new track in Québec

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Circuit Courville - a new track in Québec

Postby cgingras » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:52 pm

cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby woodman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:35 pm

That truly is a beauty! And the lines seem to flow really well....I was curious, what lane spacing do you have?
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:38 pm

3.5" between the lanes. No squeezes.
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby vins123 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:53 pm

hi
just curius, did you ever run all those cars?
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Yes I did, when I had a Scalextric track. Now, a lot of them would need some work to run well on a wood non-magnetic track. But I have hope that one day, I'll be able to work on all of them...
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby davisju1 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:33 pm

Christian,
Very nice track with a great layout looks to have a nice flow to it.

Jr.
davisju1

Postby The Old Jaybird » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:24 am

A few more questions from the old and curious.....what is the overall footprint of the track, the lap length and average height? You indicated that you built this track lower than the former "table top".

TOJ
The Old Jaybird

Postby cgingras » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:07 am

cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby turbokev » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:08 am

I was googling around for drivers station information and stumbled across this picture...

I believe it is your Scalextric layout from before your scenic routed layout :)

When you first started this project, I was thinking "Man I can't believe he's tearing up that great layout"..

But now that I've seen it all come together, how it opened the room up, and the real professional commercial look to it I am really impressed.

I love the drivers stations.. like some sort of Star Trek podiums LOL.. I'm not quite ready for this type of layout at my house, but I
certainly wouldn't rule it out in the future.

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Yes, it was my first scenic layout in this room. Great memories. And we still run those Beetles on a regular basis, ten years later!!

As you said, it really opened up the room. And that's exactly what I was looking for in the first place. Thank you Kevin, your new layout is coming up great too. Love the backdrops!

Hope to see you soon in a racing event somewhere.
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby cgingras » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 pm

cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 pm

NIIIICE!!!!!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer