[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A track for the grandson

A track for the grandson

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: A track for the grandson

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:19 pm

The added support is a nice touch - and the track is definitely shaping up nicely! Should be a LOT of fun to run! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby woodman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:08 pm

I remembered Back in 08 I purchased 4- 1 pole 12 position rotary switches and diodes.... I found them and now I have a use for them to make individual voltage reducers.....Ought to be a challenge soldering all those together.. :roll:
I found this helpful
http://www.philippejmarchand.com/Slots/ ... age58.html
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Lucky grandson!

How old is he? (This is where we find out who it's really for :D )

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Really turning out nice!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby woodman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks to HRWJim for the donated cars.....
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Lookin' good!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HRWJim » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:07 am

The track is coming along great. That's a lot of action in a small space. You and your grandkids enjoy the Coopers. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:32 pm

This thing is turning out fantastic! And Jim donated the cars? I knew he was a good guy!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby woodman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Took a break from building darn cabinets!!!
Got to laying the copper tape using a piece of dowel rod instead of my finger laying it down by hand... I got to thinking about the taping tool I see on this forum and this small track doesn't justify building one so....I did this! Sure beat the heck out of doing by hand, especially up under the bridge in that 3'' space..
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 pm

woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Holy Smokes Woodman Old Johnny is right you do incredible work. I followed the link and WOW. Sorry didn't mean to get off topic but .... . Nice to see you putting tape down. I know what you mean about the tape. Nice job on the little tool. Are you going with an adjustable power supply? The reason I ask is for the kids the NC-2 motor might need to be calmed down some. I know it did when my son and I raced. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:24 pm

I am going to wire in an adjustment for the power, id like to do one for all 3 lanes .....

woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:33 pm

That is awesome! They are going to have a blast on that! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby woodman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:44 am

I got one of the controller done last week so ordered 2 more 25 ohm economy resistors....Only this time working on the second controller I barely chipped the orange paint on the back of the resistor and the the windings flew apart...Is this Parmas great idea to use cheap paint to hold the windings in place? What about epoxy?
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard