[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My 1st attempt at routing a track....

My 1st attempt at routing a track....

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: My 1st attempt at routing a track....

Postby bobbyraz49 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 pm

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:58 pm

Bobby that looks fantastic.
Nice work, and you didnt waste any time either.
The important thing is how do you feel about it, its your track and your learning curve.
Btw I think its coming along great, you should be putting down rubber in no time.
Well done
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:44 pm

NICE! The anticipation has to be a killer! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:55 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:56 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: repairing the slots

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:47 pm

has anyone else had this problem with durhams water putty? it shrinks! I found that out when I was putting trim in my old house. I had to do it two or three times to get it conformal.

I use mud now (bondo, if you will- the generic 2-part body filler epoxy) to fix the slots and it works really well. you do have to make a little at a time and can't dawdle much, because it stiffens up in a few minutes unless you go light on the hardener.
best part is, if you catch it when it's half-cured, it's sort of plasticy-rubberlike. it stays glued in and trims easily with a chisel blade, so you can minimize the final cutting and sanding. I think it's the b4lls. I even took a couple corners I didn't like out of my test track with it- filled the slots in and routed right through it without a problem, then used it on the transitions with some wax paper wrapped around appropriate thickness bendable wood strips in the slots. it was smooth as glass when I'd cleaned it up. this one was just taped, but I bet it'd work with a braid recess as well.
I like to make it so it's stiff fast, do a little, cut it off right away (in a few minutes) and then do some more. it seems to go relatively quickly that way.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Lumber Yard