[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Palmer Divide Raceway (PDR) v3.0 Updated 02/18/2015

Palmer Divide Raceway (PDR) v3.0 Updated 02/18/2015

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Palmer Divide Raceway (PDR) v3.0

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:06 pm

As requested, here's the full wiring diagram I've done:

Let me know if you have any questions!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 pm

It is ALIVE!!!

I managed to finish up the wiring tonight. Yahoo! I'm very pleased with the wiring itself and it is very clean and easy to follow. The fuses are in, and both the Voltmeter and Ammeter work perfectly. I ended up putting some solder over the bolts that go through the track for the tap just to ensure it had an excellent connection.

I ran about 100 laps in each lane and observed something that might be my imagination: it seems faster, and not because of the shorter lap length. I suspect taking out all of the taps the old version had probably fixed a few drops. The old version never had any real issues with tape, but it seems faster. Again, it could just be that I haven't gotten to run on the PDR for 3 months.

The new paint job seems too hook well as I mentioned earlier as well. I even drove a few cars with stock tires and noticed that.

I plan on getting some borders up this week to keep cars off the floor (although the padded carpet is nice!) and then some real driver's stations.

Back to the dungeon to sneak a few more laps in before bed!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Congratulations!
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:48 pm

I planted some trees for the guys at Slot Car Corner...Image

Also added some borders and got a few items out of boxes. This thing is starting to look like a track again!

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Dave the track is looking great. The paint looks great too, its almost like nothing ever changed. Where did all those tire walls come from? I dont remember those from before, but I like them!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Dave, I just love your track. I love visualizing running laps on your track. I'm getting pretty good at it. Might have the track record. :D
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Lee - Dan Wilson made the tirewalls for me and they are awesome. I had them on the last layout before we moved. They are semi-hollow so you can run a screw into them and hold them down. They are very functional.

Tony - If you've seen my driving you probably do!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dundee Denny » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 pm

enjoying your posts with none of the work, no sure if this fair, but working for me!!!

always get on the site and look for an update!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:04 am

Glad to see your track coming together nicely David. Road surface looks great. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:33 am

Yes coming along nicely.

Are those trees indigenous to your area?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:36 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby SlotCarCorner » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 am

Those "trees" are especially well-suited for slot car track scenery - rest assured they can take a "licking"... :mrgreen:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby slothead » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:18 am

Dave

Thanks for the wiring diagram, I'll be replicating that soon. It didn't occur to me to have amp or volt meters, but I like that idea too. Can you share info about what you used and where you got them?

Also, what's your lane spacing and how wide are your inside and outside gutters?

I don't have a photo sharing account (ImageShack now requires a fee) to post pics but I will figure that out and start my own build thread soon.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Slothead - glad to help. I picked up my guages here: http://www.lightobject.com/

EPM-AAC30V AC 0-30V Analog Panel Votage Meter 1 $9.50
EPM-AAC30A AC 0-30A Analog Current Panel Meter 1 $9.50

As for the lane spacing - no way to tell you that and almost none of it is congruent on purpose. I squeeze my track everywhere. The back stretch is about as close to 3 1/2" as you will get - same with the gutters.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard