[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The River Run - Beginnings

The River Run - Beginnings

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: The River Run - Beginnings

Postby Audi1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Yup, that kind of stuff. I need a 1/32 model car track accessories source. Not sure exactly what I'm going to use at this point, but I'm sure that I want more than the look of 3 lanes with painted on grass and a painted on river. Never thought I'd be focused on this stuff, but as you build a track there just seems to be a natural need for it. Maybe I'm becoming a modeler...........now there's a scary thought! :lol:

Allan
Last edited by Audi1 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Duplicate post, sorry...... :oops:
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Audi,

It's got to be very exciting to watch it come together first hand. It's sure great to see the photos as this track has evolved.

Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Once you get the Era you want to depict, let me know. I have a lot of spares and duplicates and just plain excess.
I can cast some figures as well.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:35 pm

check your local dollar store, WM, etc....there are often play sets around 1/32 scale. I have a garage set with spare motor, compressor, tool boxes etc. There are variations on a theme....
Those of us running no-mag tend to have lots of spare tires around from the replacements.......those become tire stacks or half tires depending on the era you want. Foam blocks for hay bales, etc........lots of great modelers here with tips.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:07 pm

:text-coolphotos:

Coming along beautifully!
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Era-wise, my favorite racing period is the late 50's & 60's; Le Mans style cars. But, what I run most now is either Group C (80's & 90's), LMP (00's & 10's) or GT (00's & 10's). But, although I'm running more new cars, I still always think late 50's & 60's when I think about motor racing. Those are the cars and the time that I admired most when I was growing up. See me lining up on the Ferrari side of the Ferrari/Ford wars of the mid-60's and you've got a pretty good picture of me from a slot car interest standpoint.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Well the vintage sports car class should be right up your alley.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby dreinecke » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 pm

That is an amazing space you've got!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby btaylor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:03 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Wow, Bob - that would be super!

I don't have that much space on the infield or the periphery of my track; it's mostly track. I'm in the process of laying out the "grass" areas now, then I have a river to fit in. I'll try to complete that in the next couple of days and post some pics so that you can see what the available space actually looks like.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Allan, I have found that small scenes in various places, look as good as a completely landscaped layout sometimes.
Kind of a less is more thing i guess. Look at the pictures of Harry's Mid-Mo track. Just enough detail to give it a good feel, but not so much its cluttered. I have a lot of Model railroader left in me, so i tend to overdo it a bit on my tracks.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:13 pm

Cheap automotive pinstripe tape does well for what you are doing. It can be stretched to curves nicely, and pulled once you paint the grass.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Thanks Bob. I just dashed off to my local NAPA store and bought some of their 3M fineline tape in 1/4" width. Looks like it will do the job; certainly stretchy enough to go around tight corners. I just hope it doesn't pull any of the matte latex paint off the track when I take it up. That would be a big problem at this point.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard