[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Track 4

Track 4

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Track 4

Postby yngwie_70 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 am

After selling my last track back in March, I have lost a little space due to a home gym. (Note to self: Ensure you populate any space you have before wife has time to think!) Anyway, I was desperate to have something so I had thought about winching to ceiling but decided against it in the end as I have heard horror stories. The next best solution was to hinge it to the wall.
This restricted me to 1.2m width but it is 5.8m in length. Not ideal but will be ok for testing and if the guys want to come around and race all the better.
The track will be fairly fast and was routed entirely with the routing strip as opposed to the radial arm method.

yngwie_70

Re: Track 4

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:33 am

Nice
my current track is similar - 1.3m x 6.4m

I am still dreaming of track 3 - maybe this holiday season

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 am

Great job...nice course & out of the way if need to be! Looks like a solid rig.
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:46 am

Track looks great and should be challenging. Your "corkscrew" looks fabulous! Nice work on the out-of-the-way nature of the track as well.

What's up with the ability to declare eminent domain on our territory by wives? Luckily, I read mine the law. Now she just locks me in the basement to keep me out of the way. I knew I should've put a bathroom in when I finished the basement...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 am

Nice hinged approach. Look forward in seeing the progress.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:44 am

Nice Layout. You got a lot of elelents into a small package. I love the sweepers over and under the overpass. I am a big fan of them.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 pm

That is a great looking layout. I like the long straight( that's not quite straight). Fast and flowing but has technical areas too. Very nice. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Great looking track, I like how you hinged it on the wall too.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby yngwie_70 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:27 am

Thanks guys. Would have loved more room but this will have to do (for now!). WIll keep updates coming!
yngwie_70

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby yngwie_70 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 am

Bit of an update. Track is now braided and painted. A few of us here in Australia have been trying out Dulux Tuscan (thanks to advice from Mel) with one coat of clear and it really is fantastic. Grip wise I think it is better than what I previously used (Ferrodor) and furthermore the grip is instant from the very first lap. As an added bonus, cars do not scratch!

A standard Ninco GT car is lapping in the 3.7 sec range. Track is interesting as there are positive and negative camber corners which keep you on your toes.!
yngwie_70

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:56 am

Looks great John. Folding track are good but as you said the height of the ceiling is the limiting factor. Are you still planning a oval?
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 am

John - that turned out fantastic! The surface looks awesome and the track looks like a blast!

Can you please tell us more about this paint? I've never heard of it before.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:42 am

Yes, that surface looks fantastic...great detail level there. Congrats.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:05 am

Great looking track!!
rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard