[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New track build in Texas

New track build in Texas

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: New track build in Texas

Postby Jabbatee » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:13 am

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. You know, there are so many folks here at HRW that I have come to admire. While I try to muddle my way through getting my track completed, I am inspired by the members who are SO talented in the many aspects of our shared hobby. The folks who are artists with their scenery efforts, track design, electrical and technical prowess, and those who are experts at setting up their cars to achieve optimum performance. But the guys that really inspire me are the scratch builders...man, I can only dream about having that kind of talent. That's what is so cool about this hobby/addiction...there will always be an aspect of the hobby that will inspire us to learn more.

Bobbyraz49...I will be using copper tape on my track. After I finish painting the track, I will probably work on the driver's stations. After that, I will rout a piece of MDF to test my (lack of) electrical knowledge. No doubt I will be reaching out for help when I get to that point.

One step at a time...
Jabbatee

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:23 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby miuraman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:22 pm

miuraman

Re: Now I understand...

Postby Jabbatee » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Hey bobbyraz49 and miuraman,

Now I understand why across the board people have had nothing but good things to say about Slot Car Corner. Just ordered up the wiring kit you both recommended from Steve. He was very generous with his time, giving me some tips and perspective that I am sure to use during the wiring process.
Jabbatee

Postby Jabbatee » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:43 pm

Finally finished painting the track...

Hopefully I can finish the driver's stations this weekend.
Jabbatee

Postby indybob007 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:50 am

Looking good their. I hear the sound of cars allready. Indybob
indybob007
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby miuraman » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:39 am

Lookin' good! You'll be racin' soon! MiuraMan
miuraman

Re: Driver's stations started...

Postby Jabbatee » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:10 pm

Got some work done on the driver's stations. Pretty simple design but it should serve the purpose. Built on the cheap from wood bought from HD's 75% off wood bin.

Will be ordering a couple of SCC Controller holders. Still trying to figure out how to incorporate what might be the most importance component of any good driver's station...the drink holder!! Any suggestions?
Jabbatee

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:45 pm

A beauty !!!
My driver's stations also includes the switch to allow racing in either direction.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Ready to do some laps!

Postby Jabbatee » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Finished the wiring and the taping. The track wiring kit from SCC made the job easy...thanks Steve!

Jabbatee

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:40 am

WOW! Great looking track .How long are the lanes?
Richard.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:21 am

Looking great!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:37 pm

OK, Well I am not sure why I did not notice it earlier, But what lane spacing are you using? Looks to me like you could have almost gone with 3 lanes in the same space! :think:
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jabbatee » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Jabbatee

Postby Jabbatee » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:37 am

The barriers are finally attached and have been having fun putting in a few laps.

Day off today so will be trying to get a timing system up and running. First got to take care of getting a few things off of Mrs. J's "honey-do" list.

Jabbatee

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard