[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RMS Figure painting

RMS Figure painting

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Re: RMS Figure painting

Postby RazorJon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:09 am

is that a lime green hat? :lol:

looks great SG
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:16 am

Looks great. I lack this detail here.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 pm

That is so cool, I think you did an awesome job, love that hat. Patch is a neat idea too! :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Dave, You're going to have to build an outdoor shower stall in your infield. Being around all that mud, grime, and rust can't be healthy for your little guys. An alternate fix would be to set up a tetanus booster booth in the pits.

Great job on the painting, though. The stonewashed jeans look great and I love that hat. :clap:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:10 pm

"to set up a tetanus booster booth"
That's hilarious!

Dave, you did great. It kills me how you can look at the technique and improve on it. Great work. When I get the beer joint built, the cypress trees painted, and the shrimp boat built, I will be doing figures, like the Cajun dude in a bateau fishing, and a gaggle of drunk bozos in the yard of the beer joint. There will be pirogues, alligators, pelicans, a pig or two headed for the BBQ, and questionable female figures in trailers behind the beer joint. [man, I have a lot of painting to do, huh?]
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:45 pm

Dave, those all look simply fantastic the way you've painted them! LOVE the way they turned out! They are like the Kale on the plate of your slot cars!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:49 pm

I've painted 25 figures in the past two evenings. All standing spectators. I find it relaxing to do these. And while they don't look as deep as Dave's, they haven't been standing in the mud for most of the day. Therefore, no tetnus shots needed, but probably some sunscreen from the Colorado sun!

You'll see a bunch of the cheap eBay figures in the stands and standing in the back grounds - they make good filler until I either repaint or replace them.

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Gameover » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Dave my ford body you did looks amazing man! Im working on finishing my ta car before i leave town again. Then my wife and i will be painting the boat load of figures i just bought from doc!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Looking fantastic guys, Just great detail.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RV Racing » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:43 am

Dave, I really like the look of your painted figures. The "texture," shadowing, and mottling of the clothes and faces is very realistic, as good as many of the military figures I've seen. Since you've told us how you create your finishes on the jalopies and Modifieds, would you share your techniques for painting realistic people?

Thanks!
Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RV Racing » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:01 am

Excellent, Dave! Standing by with paint brush and no talent.

Rick V.
RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:44 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby munter » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:58 am

some fine looking people there
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!