[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Cherokee Point grows!

Cherokee Point grows!

Plastic Or Wood
From Track Plans, Scenery, Power & Control
All Things Track Building!

Cherokee Point grows!

Postby btaylor » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Got real busy today! Added 25 more feet to my road course. I was not very happy with the pit area that I had, it left very little area for scenery and details. Plus, another few feet of track never hurt anybody right! :lol: So now im sitting at the maximum track area possible in this room, and at 80ft, that should be more than enough!
The first leg of the Pan Am will be ran on this new stretched course, should add to the fun for sure. stiil have to cut the ribbon loose, and do all the minor elevation changes,and of course lots more scenery!ImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Cherokee Point grows!

Postby dge467 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Very nice Bob! Your going to need more hay bales!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Fast Co. » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:27 pm

That's looking great Bob!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Might need a bit more than hay bales.

Looking forward to seeing it blended onto the rest. Should be good.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Looking good, VERY good sir. Well done, you have quite the empire.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Sweet!
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Nice stuff but I reckon you might suffer from "corkscrew neck" after a few hundred laps.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:24 am

congratulations!
very cool track. :clap:
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:02 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby munter » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:42 am

Wise move. I built a track a few years back in an L shape and after getting it up and running wondered why I had a very sore neck.
I figured out why eventually and extended my controller leads so I could stand back further and get a more complete view.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:19 am

Very Nice Bob!

More real-estate is a good thing!

I'm land locked between 3 walls at 4 x 12 currently.

I'm with everyone else about extending your controller leads as not not block anyone's line of site when racing by standing back.

Have fun scenerying the rest of it!

That is the fun part!!!

If you wait a little the craft stores will put the snow covered pine trees on sale for 75%-80% off.

I buy 1-2 different colored green spray paints to paint them with!!!!

Great Stuff spray foam in the can works great also in filling in for scenery plus it is foam and helps cushion the blow if a car comes off the track. A little acrylic paint and you are good to go!!!!!

Have fun!

Wayne :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks for the tips guys, I have moved my drivers station so that there is no twisty neck syndrome :lol: So I don't have to extend my leads. I actually have a better line of sight now than I did before the extension. And there will be plenty of aprons for sliding through the corners, No need for foam Wayne, we just don't de-slot :whistle:

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby BRP32 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:52 am

""""No need for foam Wayne, we just don't de-slot""""

Oh come on now Bob! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard a lot of stories in my time but......this one takes the cake!!!!!!

"""""I have moved my drivers station so that there is no twisty neck syndrome"""""

This is good so if and when I ever visit to race I don't get twisty neck syndrome!

After going through cervical surgery of my neck I don't want to revisit it again......

My neck is tweaked/untweaked enough as it is!!!!

Hopefully my head isn't listing to the left or the right.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:15 pm

more footage is never a bad thing!!

always enjoy your scenery, so there will be more to enjoy!!

look forward to the pictures, always something to learn.

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:48 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Next

Return to Layout Planning & Design