What a Day at DeBary Glen Raceways!!!!!

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

What a Day at DeBary Glen Raceways!!!!!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat May 11, 2013 10:44 am

Well yesterday started out as a typical Friday at our club, DeBary Glen Raceways.

ModlerBob picked me up at 11 AM and we headed over to start our day of fun and playing with little toy cars.

I also had the pleasure of meeting the new love of ModlerBob . . . . . Penny. Penny is a 12 week old pup of mixed ancestory. She is part Shelty and part Pitbull. I am an owner of a pibull and I could see that Penny favors the father, which is a pitbull. For those of you that think the pitbull is nothing more than a vicious dog, I can tell you that the pitbull is a very loyal and loving dog. It all depends how the dog is raised. No one suffered any wounds from Penny yesterday save for some heavy licking of hands and face.

Back to the slot cars.

I finally was able to finish off ModlerBob's re-chassised Rev-O-Gram John Surtees McLaren. I built a brass and wire chassis for the car. It took way too long as I had a growth on my back that was pressing on some nerves that made my right arm and hand basically useless. Not being able to hold a soldering iron or controller is a very stressful thing for me. But all is well and Bob's car was finally finished. Now I'm going to have to build an almost twin to his as I have a Rev-O-Gram George Fulmer car that needs something done to it.

When either of us grabbed a car, a similar car suddenly appeared on the track from the other. We ran our Group C cars, Fly cars, Carrera Stock Cars and many other cars. Not sure which was our favorites for the day, but almost everything we pulled out to run was met quite equally by the other. I've not seen that many cars that are tuned so close to one another.

So we got about 8 hours of FUN from noon through 8 PM. Just a super day.

If any of you are ever in the area, please let us know as we have a standing invitation to drop by and join in on the FUN we have each week.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Re: What a Day at DeBary Glen Raceways!!!!!

Postby Fubar Motorsports » Sat May 11, 2013 11:10 am

We thought about coming over Marty.. BUT..
Our end of the week was waaaay to hectic for us.
Thursday PM at the doctors for lab work ups...Thursday evening drive over to test cars at Greg's in Holly Hill.
Back to Ocala for an Oral Surgery appointment for Diane. All Friday afternoon at the DMD's office with her.
Pretty well pooped us out. Saw Bob at Greg's invited him over for our club's race at Coleman Florida on the 19th.
Race'n the Carrera cars at Colemanville Speedway...Sumter County's Biggest Oval Track.
Larry G.
Fubar Motorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun May 12, 2013 4:18 am

Larry,

Well this coming week will have another Friday. Bob mentioned to me that you're looking healthy once again. Glad to hear that.

Rumors are in the air that we will have Torque Mutant coming down this coming Friday to pay us a visit at "Da' Glen" and if you make it over as well, why that could be a super day for all concerned.

Let us know and I'll be sure to pack all the cars with me.

I would consider coming over to Coleman this week, but the wife and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this weekend. I do have priorities in life. Perhaps the next time. Just need to know what the rules are.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Fubar Motorsports » Mon May 13, 2013 8:39 am

Marty & Bob,

Looks like this week Iam going to try getting my "My Series" cars lined up and ready to go.
That's why I went over to Greg's last Thursday night, on the fly. I had to borrow one of Jims cars to race, forgot my FCR's.
Have our "MySeries" NASCAR and GT-1 cars about done. But still need to get my GTP cars motors put together. Namely a"Big Dog" Pro Slot armature from someplace. Greg didn't have one, so I may end up going to Jax Wednesday evening to see Johnny B. to get armatures.
Still unknown if I'll make it to Greg's FCR deal on Thursday, after running to Jax Wednesday. Lot's O Miles..!
Larry G.
Fubar Motorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon May 13, 2013 10:29 am

Larry,

Are you talking about the 4002BB "Big Dog" type of arm? Like an X12 arm to put into one of the retro motor cans?

If so, I happen to own one of them and Umatilla is a whole lot closer to you then Jacksonville.

Let me know.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Fubar Motorsports » Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 am

Marty,
It's my understanding that it's a replacement Pro Slot armature for the JK Hawk 6 motor.
The rules and motors have changed so much since I raced commercially (14 years) I have to consult the commercial guy's in the know.....
Parma/ProSlot was the deal back then now it's those micro motors JK put out. ProSlot part number 4010 arm.

Larry
Fubar Motorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon May 13, 2013 11:09 am

I've got the arm sitting in a 4002BB motor.

Let me know if you would like and you can borrow it.

It is the same arm that goes into the Hawk can. Why My Series chose to go the route that chose, only the shadow knows.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Mon May 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Glad to hear you boys are having so much fun there! I'll have to come over when I'm down at Christmas!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue May 14, 2013 4:05 am

David,

I am now looking forward with greater anticipation then normal to Christmas this year!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Fubar Motorsports » Tue May 14, 2013 9:14 am

Marty,
I have NO idea why the series has those convoluted motor rules either. The more questions I ask...the more questions I have.
The GTP class is confusing ...motor wise and armature wise too. Got my Stock Car and GT-1 cars done. But GTP is on hold for the motor.
At $50.00 or so a pop....before I spend the money Iam going to be sure it's a legal motor. Guess I need to talk to Johnny B. before I do anything, to get clarification. Worst that can happen is I don't run the GTP class.
Thanks..!
Larry
Fubar Motorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue May 14, 2013 11:06 am

Larry,

Trust me, the arm I am offering is the same that the My Series is running in the Hawk motor.

Besides the cost is quite affordable, much less than the $50 that you have been quoted. Then if you add in the cost of gasoline, the cost goes way down.

I do not have a Hawk can, but we can order one. Let me know and I'll just build the motor for you and bring it with me.

BTW - I suggested they run the off the shelf "Contender" by Pro-Slot. The motor can be purchased for about $30.00.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Fubar Motorsports » Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 am

Marty,
That may be a plan....If your going to run the race at Greg's place.
The price I got was for a can end ball bearing one, complete. ($48.00)
Granted the can end bushing one's are a lot cheaper.
Greg had a "Contender" in stock but Phil said it's been unsold due to the rule changes.
Go figure.....
Larry
Fubar Motorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Club/Home Connection