[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My digital 1/32 Carrera tracks & cars

My digital 1/32 Carrera tracks & cars

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

My digital 1/32 Carrera tracks & cars

Postby legrandnormand » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:46 pm

I built and rebuilt different Carrera plastic digital layouts for my digital cars and I run digital; what can be tuned on these cars ?
Last edited by legrandnormand on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Tuning my digital 1/32 Carrera cars

Postby goosenapper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:13 am

If you run with magnets on Carrera track then the only thing that you might want to do is make sure that you are running like tires on them all.

The newer Carreras all sport nice, grippy tires. You could give them a sanding to form a flat contact patch and then round the edges. Aside from the standard lube-job, that's all I normally do. Some guys I race with don't even sand their newer stock tires.

But if you've got a few of the older cars that run on the tougher tire compound, switch to your favorite tire with a shore 40 rating and it will run as good as the newer models. For me, that means changing to standard Paul Gage tires, the PGT and not the more grippy shore 20 XPG. I use the the PGT for my 1/24 cars as they are really the only option available, but you've got more variety in 1/32. The Yellow Dog tires from slotcarcorner run as well as the PGT's.

The group I race with looks for parity when it comes to cars, seeking to make all of our beasts run around the same lap times so that the digital racing is more fun than just watching one or two cars drive away with the win. The trick is to not make a car run better than any of your others unless you want to spend a load of dough buying new treads for all of your cars. Since the standard shore 40 Carrera tires work great in my book, providing enough grip in conjunction with the magnets to ensure that the car stays on the track but also allows me to drive the thing, I'm not too eager to improve upon it. If you combine the XPG or other shore 20 tires with magnets, you might as well tape the plunger down on the controller. For me, that's not fun, but if you're wanting streaks of light on your course, there's your recipe.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re:My digital 1/32 Carrera cars

Postby legrandnormand » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks Goosenapper... I really like the digital mode fun and racing with friends using my Carrera cars.
I'll keep on going with my tuning as you mentioned, lub and some sanding of tires to get better grip.
Last edited by legrandnormand on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My digital 1/32 Carrera cars

Postby legrandnormand » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57 am

I'm taking notes of these tips, thank you Bibbster.
Last edited by legrandnormand on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 am

Carrera has gotten very good about removing all the "sprues" from their wheels as of late. However, that is something that must be checked BEFORE changing tires and especially if you are going to true them.

What Bibbster has provided is excellent. I love the oil/SuperGlue system. If it does not have fitted bushings, then the car gets the oil/SuperGlue treatment. It really, really works. Once done, the gears will actually quiet down and the car will run much smoother.

I also fit a pair of Paul Gage tires to the rear of my car. It really makes a difference.

Let us know how it works for you.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby legrandnormand » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:28 pm

The oil and grease job I already do and I will see about the Superglue; I also bought different PG tires for my different cars and they do make a difference for my plastic track.
Thank you all for the tips.
Last edited by legrandnormand on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:18 pm

So far without any modification except some PG tires, I'm getting some speed and lots of fun comparing my different 1/32 Carrera digital STOCK with magnets on a 2 lane plastic, 80 ft long circuit with 11 curves including 2 long banked curves; the tracks that I build sit on a 20ft X 7ft home made surface table.

My fastest to slowest cars are: (from 06:531sec to 08:005)
- R-18 Audi Quattro (white)
- R-18 Audi Ultra (black)
- DTM BMW M3 (#7)
- Porsche GT3 RSR
- Ferrari 458
- Porsche 917-30 (Sunoco #6)
- Cobra # 16
- NASCAR type (2 out of 4)
- Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (#2)
Last edited by legrandnormand on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:39 am

Just trying to send a pic on the forum... sorry if it does'nt work out ! :oops:

This is the Carrera track that I'm using and testing my new Carrera digital cars for the past 2 weeks...

Last edited by legrandnormand on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:47 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:51 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby legrandnormand » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:01 am

Thanks Harry... I finally did it with your help. :text-thankyouyellow:
Last edited by legrandnormand on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:09 am

You are welcome. It's a Photobucket thing, they have this "IMG" tag option but it's useless. It only creates a link to the photo because they include a URL tag in it. You would think with Facebook and other photo hosting places that they would make this a more sensible option. But as I have learned the "developers" of this software do not possess any skill level.

You can use the DIRECT option to copy the correct URL for use in here if right clicking your mouse over the photo does not give you the COPY URL option. This is usually the case for IE users, another reason I dislike that browser on a grand scale. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby legrandnormand » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 am

I use CHROME as a browser and I love it !
Last edited by legrandnormand on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 am

This is one of my best cars that i ever bought as of today !
Last edited by legrandnormand on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:08 pm

I've just received my 2 latest digital Carrera cars, the Porsche 935-78 and the Ferrari 512 BB; the 935 runs pretty good stock and the 512 is kind of slower but nice to drive around my track. For the price paid for both digital cars ($37.99 ea) , I cannot complain.

legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Digital Racing