[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My digital 1/32 Carrera tracks & cars

My digital 1/32 Carrera tracks & cars

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: My digital 1/32 Carrera cars

Postby legrandnormand » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:29 pm

In the last days, I've just rebuilt a 84 foot digital track and now, I'm having plenty of fun with some friends to drive my different cars; the track has a high speed segment and some slower parts that have to be taken securely !
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... 5007c0.jpg
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TheRoadrunner » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:26 pm

If you haven't yet tried the new 1/32 f1 cars (The Ferarri F138 in particular) You need to give them a try, you will have a new fastest car.
TheRoadrunner

Postby legrandnormand » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm sure that they are faster but I prefer the other types, the less fragile ones.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TheRoadrunner » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:17 pm

Everyone says the F1's are fragile, I do not think that is the case at all. Our entire family runs them from the young kids to the head of the house (my wife, you thought I was talking about myself didn't you?)
We have not had any problems with the cars being fragile at all, in fact they are just as robust as the GT and CANAM cars we run.
TheRoadrunner

Postby legrandnormand » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:28 pm

legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Looks like a lot of fun to run! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: My digital 1/32 Carrera tracks & cars

Postby legrandnormand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:21 pm

As you probably know, I'm a Carrera Digital 1/32 fan, using my different Carrera plastic tracks...

I'm anxious to find out the way to go from a 2 lane track to a 4 lane and back to a 2 lane before the lapcounter !

If you know the way, it would be appreciated that you show me with a diagram.

Thank you to all.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:38 pm

legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:55 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for, I think !
Let's say I want to incorporate a road circuit in an ovel track, I would need 4 chicane, 2 in to the road circuit and 2 to come back on the oval.
Is that right ?
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... ba0f97.jpg
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Here my latest track that was built yesterday...
I started with the "Daytona type oval" then added the infield for more fun !
It is quite demanding even with the magnets...
p.s. it also runs counter clockwise, but without any digital options...

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... 1870a1.jpg
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:38 am

So far with some of my cars, I'm running just under 9 sec. I'll certainly keep that track for a long period, and I'll probably try it without mags ! :roll:
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby KD11 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:03 pm

The super glue trick in the bushings really does work. My first attempt didn't work as the power supply I was using was 5V, not enough voltage, motor ran too slow. I switched to a 12V supply and was successful. Make sure you oil the bushings good before doing the super glue. You have a nice set of cars, I think I'm up to about 24 cars now. I have put in the digital modules in two Revell nascar's, and one in a NICO Rum Bum car. The NICO runs great but I need to do the mods on the Revell nascar's.

Are you using any driver stations?
KD11

Postby legrandnormand » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:18 pm

What is "driver stations" ? Do you mean "robotic drivers" or programmed phantom cars ? If so, sometimes I use them but mainly on the oval tracks.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Your new layout looks great. It's the type of track that I'd love to build myself if I had the space for it. I hope to someday go digital racing on an oval using chipped classic Monogram NASCARs without magnets. That's the dream...

And speaking of no-mag racing- if you're used to racing with them, I recommend removing only the rear magnets first, leaving the fronts in place. That way you're not all over the track and can get a good feel for how the cars break in the turns. Once you're good with that, be prepared to turn the power down on all of your magless cars if you choose to remove them both. They are impossible to drive at full juice and it'll be a chore to straighten out in time for the lane changes.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Racing