[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Peter M's Great Foldaway

Peter M's Great Foldaway

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Peter M's Great Foldaway

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:27 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Peter M's Great Foldaway

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Peter owns some of my most lusted after cars!

But I like the layout a lot, anyway. Are you posting for him because he doesn't have internet access? Maybe some of our resident gurus can help?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby whitworthnut » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:19 pm

No problem with internet access. I wasn't registered on the board and didn't realize you could post yourself. Great site, folks. Lots of interesting ideas.

Peter
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:13 pm

I got to work on a P-51 Mustang because I had some Whitworth tools (spanners).
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Welcome Peter, glad you made it.

Talked with my friend Jim and we discussed your track. Like I said on the page, it should inspire those with small spaces. And it folds up to boot, saving even more space when you need it.

I know we could have some great racing there. Simple, but as we all know...simple is most often the best way.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby whitworthnut » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Thanks Harry. Yes it is simple. Strictly to entertain me and my vintage car friends when we're not driving the real thing. The Scalextrics are memories from my childhood. My Dad bought me a set of Bentleys in 1962 and I absolutely loved them. We tried to purchase an Alfa, but they never seemed to be available in Canada. Thanks to Ebay, I finally picked up a couple. The track is actually quite fun and a little bit of scenery helps to enhance the experience.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 am

I like your style Peter. Great little track. Rather envious of some of the cars. They must look great pootling around the track. Wouldn't mind a look at what else is house in the garage too.

Embs
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby whitworthnut » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:17 am

Last edited by whitworthnut on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:26 am

I have a Penny Pitlane Bentley Blower currently driving me bonkers. I know where you're coming from with the 'loose' usage of 'kit'.

I do have a wee fondness for Brit cars. Even if they don't always work. On the occasions that they do one tends to remember the reason for the love.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ourwayband » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:14 am

That is a great looking layout!Sometimes the so-called simple layouts are the most fun!!
thanks for the pictures!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am

Very nice and the style of cars you run on the track I think really sets it off.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby whitworthnut » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Last edited by whitworthnut on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby whitworthnut » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Last edited by whitworthnut on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Great looking track and cars!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby whitworthnut » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Last edited by whitworthnut on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Reader's Roads