First track - Carrera Fast Classics II CJR RACING

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

First track - Carrera Fast Classics II CJR RACING

Postby CJR » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:08 am

No pictures. Basic layout. Solo racer. FUN. For now this track is a set up on Friday night break down on Sunday track. I'm going to look into adding some more track and then look at a table or portable set up.
I have only had it set up as designed for about 4 hours and I am having a blast. I also already want more cars and more track. :o
Hoping to convince wife, son , daughter to join a race.

Actually the#1 item I am interested in is a more sensitive controller. The stock ones just are not sensitive or responsive enough.
Mods and customization
#1. Trigger type controllers. Come on Carrera! If I had my 1980's AFX controllers I might try to use them :mrgreen:
#2. Guardrail. Broke about 4 inches off one. :cry:
#3. More cars. Because you can never have enough!
#4. More track. See #3!
Last edited by CJR on Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: First track - Carrera Fast Classics II

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:26 am

Glad you're enjoying the new set! It's a solid set for the beginner to start with, that was my intent when i designed it. I wanted a low cost set for someone to start with that had US-specific cars in it and to keep the cost down it had to be a small layout.

Regarding trigger controllers... it's the icon we just for our corporate identity... it's not changing :)
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby buspor63 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:54 am

I would say Professor Motor or someone like that makes a plug and play controller you're after.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:15 pm

lots of Parma economy controllers out there, they would plug into Carrera,
your kids might like the thumb control and if you need to set a speed on the controller a rubber band wrapped around the plunger worked great for new kids learning how
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby MikeyAutobahn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:31 pm

Nice! That's the same way I did it, but with a different Carrera release. I ended up getting cars before expansion because I couldn't help myself. But now I'm on my 4th expansion and have gotten it off the rug. I also picked up a different controller.

One thing I did differently, but the sound of it, is to get rid of the guard rails and the magnets in the cars. Elevated the fun factor significantly, especially as I'm a solo racer as well and tend to like that feel a bit more. Have fun with it!
MikeyAutobahn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:37 pm

That looks like a nice set with a couple of classic cars. Non digital controllers are pretty easy to swap out. I used the basic Parma controllers and liked them very much.

Now you can test and get your proxy cars set up.!!!!

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:11 pm

All, thanks for the responses. Dave K, I understand and totally respect the company tradition, and this is a great set to get started with!
I will look into some after market controllers after I get some more cars!!!
Dan, absolutely! Being able to actually set up and test proxy cars was a goal. The 2 2nd car on the track was CJR RACINGS Trashcan Martin.....FUN without the magnets!
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads