[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Rally Sweden - Phase III (updated 1-9-14 pg. 2)

Rally Sweden - Phase III (updated 1-9-14 pg. 2)

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Rally Sweden - Phase II (updated 3-24-13)

Postby JESIV » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks for the kind words, I have to say I really enjoy working on this track. As my skills increase (or not) it will be fun to watch it take shape.

DR I'm with you...hopefully Mace will keep him check, lol.

Harry c'mon! I have to admit it is fun to drive on
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Looks awesome!!!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 pm

It looks really convincing.

From personal experience, don't be disappointed at how much muck the tyres will deposit on your lovely white track - you could always pretend that the rally is actually in the UK - where snow on the road turns into a filthy brown sluttery mess within minutes of cars driving on it.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 am

I just saw this. Very cool!

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Great job.Fun watching it all come together.
Being in the middle of the Land Down Under I have never been in the snow.
Sounds cold.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:12 am

Jesiv your rally track is great looking set up and did you know that when Ninco and another want to simulate snow on the track they put flour on it.

When they want dirt on the track they toast it in the oven to get it to turn brown.

Ninco and SCX does this in their competitions they hold for slot rallies.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:33 am

Hey guys, thanks again for all of the kind words. I am enjoying this project

Racer - I have seen photos with the flour over on the slotforum site but am hesitant to do it for fear of cleanup and what critters it may attract. Still it looks awesome in the photos. I am still considering using some of the 'snow' the train guys use. There was also a rally track where the cars ran through real water..im definitely not going that far.

patwa - this is as close to snow as I ever want to be, unfortunately we do get snow here. I hope to make it down under someday.

Bruce - welcome to the party :D

Wolseley - I'm hoping that eventually some 'natural' tire tracks will start to form and give it that driven on look.

I've not added much else since the last photos, I did add trackmate for timing/scoring. It looks like 8 to 10 seconds per lap for the few cars I've tried out. Hopefully I will have another photo update in the next few weeks. I think I've found a source for trees that are 'affordable' at around a $1 a piece. Of course I'm still threatening to take the plunge and learn how to make my own trees so either way.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Really Nice!!
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 pm

JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dc6287 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Very very cool! Colder than a polar bears toenails!

Sent from deep underground
dc6287
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Rally Sweden - Phase III (updated 1-9-14 pg. 2)

Postby JESIV » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Last edited by JESIV on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm

love the snowy look
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Outstanding. Will make a special readers roads link for this one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HRWJim » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:42 pm

Wow James this looks great! The snow on the trees and track are very nice and I really like the background picture in the upper esses. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:38 am

That is awesome James! What a great looking track, I love whole winter/snow theme you have done here. :clap:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads