[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Something different - I think !

Something different - I think !

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Something different - I think !

Postby patwa » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 am

patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Something different - I think !

Postby goosenapper » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks goosenapper,
Definately similar to the space saver as you say.
The scenery should be fun.
Any idea where I can get a couple of 1/24 shopping trollies ? :lol:
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:45 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:54 am

patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:56 am

This will be cool!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Ember » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Apart from Luf's space saver, there is also a guy on SFI that does a lot of cut and paste of plastic track. Lars (Prsfff .... Nope, can never get that right) was working on a quad level digital parking tower, with a bunch of crossovers and such in it.

Hope you have heaps of room for drift in those corners and plans for a few shiny rice burners to drive on it.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:34 pm

I was just thinking it was Luf's track I'd seen it with. I think it is a brilliant idea for the smaller space area!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby patwa » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks Ember and David,
Yep, plenty of room for the drift.I spaced the track using a 1/24 pontiac GTO as a guide for room, should be no problem as far as hitting the walls goes but there will be some elbows out stuff in the turns,hey rubbings racing.
As for the rice burners, I am more your Ferrari Enzo kind of a guy and my son has a thing for Audi R8's.
If you're going to drift may as well do it in style. Be back home from work in a couple of days. Can't wait to get back to the build.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:19 pm

A quick up date on the carpark.
Never enough hours in the day so there was some movement but as always not as much as I would have liked.
It takes two days per coat of paint so there goes a lot of the time.
The frame has been made and some castors put on the legs to move it around.Not in these pics.
The lights are in place,so we are getting there.
The idea with the lighting was to get the flicker effect that you get in a carpark as you move through as opposed to having the whole thing lit up.
I cut the LEDs into random sized pieces and joined them with random lengths of wire to get the uneven lighting effect of a carpark.
Seems to work OK. next trip home it should be finished.
Hang on thats what I said last time.
Looks like the walls will come into play when in the outside lane as there was a change in design.
We will see how it runs in practical terms soon I hope.

patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Very cool idea on the lights! Get that thing taped and wired! I want some video!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby noddaz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 am

noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:03 am

I ordered two and they have just arrived.
Wonder if the wheels will be wonky ?
Thought they would be cool scenery.
Never seen a carpark without a couple of stray trolleys.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 am

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:50 am

Lots of teeth on the crown gear and not much grip.
We will see how we go with that.
Be home in a few days and will be back onto the build.
Hope to have some video in a week or so.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Reader's Roads