[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Bye Bye Big Track

Bye Bye Big Track

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Bye Bye Big Track

Postby bkrownd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Last edited by bkrownd on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Bye Bye Big Track

Postby bkrownd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:33 pm

It's actually time for a proper work bench. These days I'm more interested in making cars for proxies than in driving them at home. I don't have much interest in driving cars on a really small track in the new house. All those different curves and slopes are what makes it fun, and I just won't have room for that kind of layout anymore.

....and someday in the far future it will be time for a massive hillclimb rally thing. However installing wood floors, slate patios, tile showers, bamboo cabinetry, trees and shrubs, etc will require all my crafty energy for a few years.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Bummer! Well, at least if you still build you could do a skidpad for testing.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby bkrownd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:48 pm

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:55 pm

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ecr » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:52 pm

This post has got me wondering, how many fold up tracks are out there and what they
look like. Anybody willing to share the knowledge and pictures ???
ecr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Brooks, I dunno how you raced on that track. I got dizzy just trying to follow the plan... :lol:

Good luck on your remodeling project at the new house. And we'll see you back here once you get it done!!
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby bkrownd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:44 pm

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 am

I forgot to post the pre-boxing photo - track, borders and railings all in a big pile

hope it doesn't all get rusty before we can get air conditioning installed :(
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:55 pm

I have been without slot cars for about 6 months. All the track is in boxes in my office so it won't get rusty. (humidity 80%+ at home) All of the cars and parts are still in boxes and I haven't located a work bench to install in the new work room.

We did get our new solar panels installed and turned on last week, but we need to wait for the tax credits to come back to us before we can afford to finish $$$$ a dehumidified room where I can work on cars.

However, there is no room for a track in the new house. I need to think up a way to at least make a test loop for proxy cars.

Ho-hum, no fun :(
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Well, I can do temporary setups indoors. However, I can't store track at home because of the humidity. If we can afford to dehumidify a room later in the year then I can at least move the boxes of track back home.

Then I have to overcome the hurdle of where my girlfriend would actually let me store the tables to set things up on. :/ Unfortunately we don't agree on how the various rooms in the house should be used, and car track is not part of her vision of the interior decoration.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:08 am

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby linkster » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 pm

dump her :lol:
linkster

Postby bkrownd » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:17 pm

We each have a small room for our own things, but they're tiny rooms. For now I have to set up right down the middle of the living room. Her mother is visiting for 2 weeks today, so I have to hide the track for that period. I have some other stuff to do during that period, tho.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads