[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My home slot racing center, work in progress

My home slot racing center, work in progress

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: My home slot racing center, work in progress

Postby demether » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:17 pm

thanks!

Tommorow I have to buy these wood borders for the straight lines of the track. I hope I'll find something cheap and eficient in bigger stores than the local one.

Then, I'll be able to start track building, I can't wait !
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:08 pm

WOW! That blue really stands out nicely! Lookin' sharp!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby demether » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:36 am

Try using some cut down metal coat hangers for your fence poles,they work great and are cheap. and not to far out of scale to my eye. I Drilled through the apron wall from the top to help support the fence.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby demether » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:37 am

Great idea, thanks. I was thinking using some grid I found (used to dry clothes), but your idea is better. I have to see if I can find this cheap in my aera (a lot of things are insanely expensive here).

For the installation, I was thinking the same !
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Looking really good! Nice craftsmanship!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby demether » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:28 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:44 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Seriously great work so far! Those borders and fences are going to be excellent!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:06 am

That is going to look awesome!
Love the updates! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby demether » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks !

I started painting the fences, they are drying in the attic. I'll make some pics tonight or tommorow morning.

Basically, I used some primer spray paint, and tommorow I'll make an extra coat with a foam roll, to give some texture to the walls.

I hope to finish them and maybe start installing the track before the end of the week.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:19 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:33 pm

I used these after i painted my retaining walls,ended up looking pretty good.The add says HO but they are perfect size for the artin walls.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slotcar-Racing- ... 1c4287e08b
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby demether » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks

I'm still wondering if I'll use some banners on the artin walls, or keep them blank. If I choose to add them, I'll make them myself (I'm a former graphist) with label paper I have. ;)
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:41 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads